The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

"Clutch shudder" in gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rice80

Probationary Member
Nov 27, 2011
Kelowna, BC_Canada
So just the other week I started getting a few problems, that may or may not be related to each other

1) The car was getting really hard to get into gear and shift
2) The clutch would shudder from a stop in 1st gear
3) With the clutch in at a stop light, in 1st gear, the car feels like its trying to grab once in a while and the car will sort of "shake" forward

It was really cold the last week or so, and the #1 problem has seemed to go away, but #2 and #3 are still here.

Trans modifications:
NEW ACT 2600 street disc clutch kit
NEW Fidanza alum flywheel ($300)
B&M short shifter
Trans has been rebuilt within last 20,000 km's
FRESH GM Synchromesh fluid in trans. Redline in Tcase, and Rear dif.

I believe the pressure plate was reused

No visible leaks, fluid is full in reservoir.

Mine was doing something simmilar. I bled the clutch lines and adjusted the rod behind the clutch and it was good to go.

You need to adjust it to spec before you kill the synchro gears in the trans. Go to YouTube and type in jacks transmission adjust. Fallow that and go from there.

Hmm, interesting, I've got some reading to do. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back