The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Clutch MC/SC bleed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93AWDDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
This mainly pertains to bleeding the slave itself. I'm confused on a simple procedure that shouldn't be confusing. Bleeding the slave,

I've read many different posts stating with the clutch pedal in normal position to remove the bleeder screw on the slave and then push its rod into the body to relive any air and then install the bleeder screw. Is this correct?

Other posts have said to compress the rod first and then release the screw to bleed which seems a little more logical. I'm just not sure which to follow at this point.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The method you're following (from the picture) is the correct method. I have done this a few times already and it works. The only negative side of doing this whole thing is the amount of time it takes to bleed and fully bleed the whole system.

From 10 minutes to 4 hours of straight up bleeding and adjusting. Just keep at it, pump the pedal A LOT of times after you're done until you get your pedal feel back. Then if you're in doubt, bleed it some more!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back