clutch going out..symptoms

Posted by chaye, Mar 6, 2003
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. chaye

chaye Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    salem, Oregon
    hey guys just need to know what the symptoms of a clutch going out on a dsm are..
    what are the first signs and what are the sings when its too late and all the ones in between..
    does studering ,vibrating and no go mean that it is out..
    and what about hesitation at idle and all speeds..as well as stallin(starts everytime but sputters and stalls)
    thanks guys..
  2. ASZRAEL1266

ASZRAEL1266 Proven Member

, PITTSBURG_CA
    If it is going out then the clutch will slip. What happens when it slips is you will see the tach rise but the car wont go any place then you will most likely get this nasty smell that is your clutch. A good way to make sure it is still good is get to 25MPH then put it in 4th gear and rev it and let the clutch out if the rpms rise or stay at the same place it is sliping if the rpms drop and the car really bogs or stalls then your clutch is ok. Hope that helps. :thumb:
  3. chaye

chaye Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    salem, Oregon
    hey thank you man...appreciate your help
    yes my car does that as well as stumble and idle like sh**zu but i think it skipped a tooth in the timing ..:cry:
  4. Kyogie12

Kyogie12 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Boulder, Colorado
    Crap...i was really hoping that wouldn't the issue. My clutch just went out :( Thanks for the thread!