The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G clutch disengaugment issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexGsxCummins

Proven Member
May 31, 2014
Bremerton, Washington
hey guys, my car has been down for probably 4 months now with a different issue. finally got the car fixed and i go to test drive the car. clutch works just like it did when it was parked, just fine... i drive about 5-10 miles and i go to push in my clutch and it has little to no pressure till its nearly at the floor. i turn around to drive it home and i could not get it back into 1st gear. i managed to get it into 2nd.. babied it home i tried gravity bleeding it (that's how i previously had it and it was fine for a year) so i feel like maybe i seal went out.. master is NOT leaking into the car and visually looks newer although i didn't ever replace it myself. the slave is NOT leaking and appears to look very old... while bleeding i would get no air bubbles while gravity bleeding it then i would sit in the car and pedal started to feel a lot better.. but still not normal and would not go into gear while running. i then read about bleeding the slave i try this and get some huge air bubbles but then my pedal is completely gone to the floor and can not pump it up. so im wondering if its possible to be sucking in air though the slave into the system and maybe this is why it drove fine till about 5-10 miles into my trip. once i press the slave in it makes a bunch of air bubbles.. ideas

It's just a matter of bleeding it right. If you got a bunch of air out, and now the peddle is worse, you have to keep bleeding. Use a vacuum source if you can. It's the best way. Using two people is better also. Have one inside pump and one opening/closing the slave. What was the level of your clutch fluid? Do you add from time to time? Trace all of your lines. There is another junction before the slave on the front side of the transmission. You are either loosing fluid through a small leak, or the master is failing. Slave cyls don't usually cause issues other than leakage in my experience.

Clutch level was full, and clutch was fine for a year prior to parking it. I had someone help bleed it ive put 3 bottles of dot 3 in it trying to bleed it all the way so far.

Yes when I bleed the master I get solid fluid. Then when I bleed the slave the air never leaves. Like I said I used 3 bottles of fluid bleeding it. Ive bleed clutches on these cars before the same way with no problem

I'd replace the slave then. It's gotta have a seal problem letting air past when it's pumped or something.

Well guys I think the slave needed replaced anyway as it fell apart when I took it off but...it still wouldn' go into gear I took the boot off from around the fork to find this. I have never had a dsm transmission out so maybe someone can tell me what I'm gunna be looking forward too?

Attachments

• 20180309_135219.jpg
    20180309_135219.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 48
Well I just watched a video looks like throw out bearing, probably possibly the fork. But hopfully the clutch is still Good! This is be a fun project in the dirt

Yep, looks like a grenaded TOB. Don't loose that wire clip. You need it to hold the TOB to the clutch fork. Only buy OEM TOB. The ID part on the OEM's TOB are not metal & cause less wear on the tranny aluminum sleeve the input shaft goes through and the TOB slides back & forth on. All the aftermarket TOB have this piece made of metal & are hard on the tranny input shaft sleeve.

The TOB probably fell apart due to misadjustment in the first place or heaven forbid somebody put an extended slave rod in there. Show us the slave rod.

Damn, thats a disappointment, sorry bro. Id surface the flywheel and do a new clutch kit if I I was going that far. Unless that clutch is like new. Not worth pulling the trans to do just a TO bearing and hope after its done that you don't have clutch chatter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back