1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

Choosing a dsm

Posted by Michael Orlando jr, Dec 9, 2017

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
  1. Michael Orlando jr

Michael Orlando jr Probationary Member

Joined Dec 9, 2017
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Who can give me the details of every different dsm and explain the difference.

2. Turbo2g

Turbo2g Proven Member

Joined Oct 13, 2017
    Fallbrook, California
    Wikipedia will give you a full breakdown of all major information for any car you search. Ask specifics here. I'd start with the body style you like best, whether you want turbo or not, if awd or fwd suits you better. Eclipse, talon, and laser are of the same type. The 3000gt and stealth are of the same type and are the well known performers. There are others considered DSM's, but really a DSM is a car that was produced by Diamond Star Motor company when Mitsubishi, Plymouth, and Eagle were in bed together. The Starion/conquest, Galant, mirage, and early lancers all have a similar stigma as a DSM.

My DSM:
  3. spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter Supporting Member

Joined Jul 11, 2009
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Also don't forget the Dodge Avenger and Chrysler Sebring coupes built from 1995- 2000 that shared the same non-turbo 4cyl engines and had the V6 option, and only fwd. Inonly mention them as an option if you're looking for a similar car with better rear seat comfort and a normal trunk instead of a hatchback. Some have swapped a 4g63 engine and trans into them. Interiors are mostly the same as well as the doors and mich of the mechanical side. Cosmetically different from behind the doors, and the roof structure.

My DSM:
    1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Autocross Build

16g   manual
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST (sold)

Street Build

T28   manual
    1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (sold)

16g   manual