The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

CF exhaust plate (side-exit exhaust)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2slow4utsi

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 7, 2009
Eastpointe, Michigan
A friend and I decided to do a CF exhaust plate. The plate is a 3 inch cutout, full CF plate with four allen head bolts for installation.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• photo 4 (2).jpg
    photo 4 (2).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 639
  • photo 3 (2).jpg
    photo 3 (2).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,473
  • photo 2 (2).jpg
    photo 2 (2).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 719
I would actually buy one.. I'll PM you when I pick a DSM up. That would look so HAWT.

Very cool idea and very nice work. :thumb:

Thanks buddy. We are going to brainstorm the idea of a CF WG dump plate. Same concept but a 1.5 inch cutout instead of a 3 inch cutout. Will have pictures up this week of the finished product. :thumb:

Responded to your PM.

Looks like a nice piece. 2x2 twill?

Also, mine will need to be slightly larger as I have a 4" exhaust. I'm assuming this installs with some threaded pop-rivets?

Pic on a car?

I am going to do a 4.25 inch cutout for Bender and he is going to install it on his car. Once installed, he will post pictures and give you guys some feedback. Should be shipped out no later than this weekend. :thumb:

Nice work. :thumb:

One change I would recommend is to make the hole for the exhaust pipe larger. The exhaust needs to move around a bit, so there does need to be a small amount of clearance between the pipe and the plate.

Thanks for your kind words and feedback. I am going to fabricate more and entertain the idea to allow the exhaust to move around. The first piece was just a prototype with excess fiber my friend had. :thumb:

Do you have any concern with the heat from the exhaust damaging the gel coat on the cf?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back