The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Certificate of Destruction to Clear Title???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyrice4

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 23, 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
I bought a 1991 Eclipse GS turbo for $550. I had some minor front end damage so now it has a Certificate of Destruction. Does anyone know how I can get this changed to a clear title? The only damage was the hood and headlights which I already replaced so its completely street legal, I just need to clear the title. Any ideas?

i'd say get out florida..that's some BS....LOL. if you go switching VINs...and by chance..BY CHANCE because i know it's unlikely...but if by chance you get caught (### the vin is in other places as well) what kinda trouble would that be?

just curious. LOL

if you did have to rid of it...i'm sure someone in another state might be able to do somethign with it...but i dunno all the legals on that.

Like a poster above said, make it into a track only car.

i dont have the money to make it into a track car. Im only 18 and going to college this August . Even if i made it into track car it would also be my DD so i would still need it titled.

If you swap the VIN#s and you get caught, in most places any insurance you might have purchased is null and void. If you get into an accident, you're screwed, and will be paying for it *all* out of pocket, including all damages and injury claims for the other person.

Not a fun thing to have happen.

It's too bad that you don't like our answers, because it really is irritating to the tender tissues when we pull them out of our ass like that. I'd surely not have learned anything about car registration from being with the CHP for the last fifteen years.

Best of luck with spinning straw into gold.

haha defiant, i think i understand your username now ;) you're quiet the entertaining character

Im going to try to title it anyway. If I can't get it titled ill sell it and you wont have to read my complaints again.

thats true, but if i ever got caught or anything it would suck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back