The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Cdub racing's 4g63 powered 4g mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow95gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 29, 2003
Louisville, Kentucky
We brought the 4g mustang down to Valdosta ga to test out a few changes made over the winter, running it in lights out 5 x275 class. Had a few small issues first pass, made a decent pass the second time. Third pass went up on the bumper, then finally got it right. 1.18 60' 4.99@141 :) Making a few changes to the car and taking it back out next month.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

[ame=http://youtu.be/aDdOpYYu_tQ]4g63 powered mustang. 1.18 60' 4.99@141 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glgiiBHVc1A&list=UU0PXqiud6dbwOAk8RvslgpQ]4G63 Mitsubishi Powered Mustang - WTF?! - YouTube[/ame]

Absolutely stellar! :hellyeah: :applause:

That 1.18 60' is awesome! I love the engine bay... So clean and that straight piping for the intercooler is so sweet! :cool: I knew once you guys got this thing setup right it would be a badass. Nice work and I can't wait to see more from it this year. :thumb:

Very awesome. The car should be well into the 7's in the 1/4 mile with that kind of 1/8th mile.

I had to go back through my old log books for the tube car, best 660' in that was 4.98 at 144.49 and that was it's 7.81 pass....of course that was also 12 years ago on the stock ECU and a single set of 660cc injectors, blah blah blah. haha

That's bad ass though, great platform to put the engine in. Good luck.

Thanks for the complements. Thanks to my family and crew for all help this past weekend. It was a long hard weekend. Thanks to all the great shops/company that have helped us with this build and continue to help us.
Double aa performance
Trz motorsports
Wiseco pistons
Shearer fab
Kiggly racing
Koby fab
Magnus
Nitrous express
Frontline fab
Automatic transmission factory

Dave don't forget this car still weighs 2680.:D. We are looking toward to the shootout this year hopefully we will have all the new car bugs worked.

Love this car. Your car got posted on the 1320 facebook page and there is all sorts of hilarious butt-hurt from foxbody fanboys. Even the admins gave you props though, so that's cool.

How to make a foxbody fast? Dump 302 and put in a 4G63! :thumb:

Great job on the build, looks like you guys have it dialed in pretty well now. Can't wait to see what else it's capable of.

Just wow! :applause: All I can really say is awesome work guys. I was flirting with the idea of a 4G63 in a fox stang a few years ago after watching some videos of them on youtube. They really do seem a good fit for that platform. I guess in essence you made a 'Mitstang SVO'. LOL

Woh that 60foot and first time i've seen a 4g wheelie!! AMAZING
I went to the shootout the year before last, and saw a 2nd Gen AWD do a wheelie off the line and I about pooped my pants! It's impressive stuff to say the least! Haha.

Just wow! :applause: All I can really say is awesome work guys. I was flirting with the idea of a 4G63 in a fox stang a few years ago after watching some videos of them on youtube. They really do seem a good fit for that platform. I guess in essence you made a 'Mitstang SVO'. LOL

I went to the shootout the year before last, and saw a 2nd Gen AWD do a wheelie off the line and I about pooped my pants! It's impressive stuff to say the least! Haha.

You did huh?

Yup. If I recall correctly it was a Blue 2g Talon. It wasn't a bumper scraper wheel stand but he did pull the front off the ground for sure. Was running 8s or 9's, I remember that much.

Please use proper grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, etc.
any plans on coming out to import vs domestic

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back