1. EXPECT DELAYS! We'll be performing some routine system updates this week. Plan for some intermittent site outages. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you notice anything broken, post a thread in the Site Feedback forum please.

catch can setup

Posted by Aproductions, Jul 15, 2010
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. Aproductions

Aproductions Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
    so there are some threads on oil catch can setups but I wanna find out which is the most practical way for us.

this is what I'm looking at.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

so the first one will go to the intake and then the valve cover port.

and the second one will go to the pcv valve then the intake manifold with a check valve between the intake manifold and the catch can.

both catch cans flow either way.

2. nek

nek Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    both cans flow either way? what do you mean by this. with a pcv in route it is limited to one way which is correct.
    The setup looks good. Basically your using the intake to relieve pressure under boost and using the intake mani to relieve pressure at idle..
    Im pretty sure its not to hard to do it with only one catch can but thats your decision.

btw just to clear things up.... you go air intake- catchcan- vc and the other is intake manifold- pcv valve - can - vc .... the pvc must be between the im and the catchcan or underboost your catchcan will feel alot of pressure.

3. kimcheefists

kimcheefists Proven Member

S. Korea, Asia
  4. Aproductions

Aproductions Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
    that part confused me,

I'm going so the first one will go to the intake and then the catch can and then the valve cover port.

and the second one will go the pcv valve then the catch can and then the check valve then the intake manifold

is this okay?

and before I meant that the catch cans can flow either way like they aren't directional...basically there aren't built in check valves

thats the 1 I was referring too....there are a few ways to do it in there, I just want the most practical