The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Catalytic Converter Flange

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iloveboost

Proven Member
Jul 25, 2014
Vacaville, California
I have a 99 GST I was looking to build my own test pipe this weekend. The junk yard near me has a few eclipses but they are not GSTs. I wanted to grab an old cat and cut the flanges off it. I know the GSX has a different exhaust system but what about the other non turbo models, do they use the 2.5" piping and cat or at least the same flanges as the GST? I know the headers would be different than the turbo but I thought the diameter and cats might be the same after that. Let me know what you think.

I believe the N/A models have a slightly smaller tube diameter but I've read multiple posts that a GSX exhaust would bolt up to the GS so I'm guessing the flanges would be the same, but here in VA it's illegal for junk yards to sell catalytic converters, I don't know if that's only a state law or a federal law[DOUBLEPOST=1416721582][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry, didn't see the "T" at the end of GST

Last edited:
There is a size difference between the turbo and non-turbo. I don't believe they are routed the same, either, but I could be mistaken on that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back