The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

CASITE "Motor Honey"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThomasGSX

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2010
Aromas, California
Ok, so, as some of you who have read my previous thread know, I am wanting to do a 16g upgrade due to my stock T-25 having a slight oil leak, and am on a tight budget. I went down to the local parts store and talked to a couple of guys there about my problem, and they said that they have had the same issue before and had luck using this stuff called "motor honey", so I decided what the hell, might as well give it a try for 4$ as a last ditch effort to fix the problem for the mean time. They did however say that they have heard of some issues with this stuff about when the engine is cold in the winter, it puts a lot more strain on the engine, which I dont think I have to worry about too much, as the weather has never reached a temperature lower than 30 degrees in the 22 years I have been living here (I live in the bay area of CA) So, anyways I scooped this stuff in my engine and fired her up, and gave it a whirl, and my GSX stopped smoking almost immediately!!! I was amazed that this snake oil actually helped the problem, granted that I understand that this stuff is not a permanent fix, but will hopefully hold me over the winter until I can get the money for a true 16G and supporting mods and do the job correctly the first time. I was seriously puzzled on how this helped, I'm guessing that the seal wasn't leaking enormously for how quickly it stopped the issue. Has anyone else ever tried this stuff?

why a lot of DSM turbo owners (and regular aspirated owners) put a oil catch can in that line so the oil vapors doesn't head back to the turbo in as well with adding the catch can in the main PCV line

Yeah I did the 9$ Catch Can thing on the valve that you cannot remove from the valve cover, should I add one to the PCV that you can remove too?

Yeah I did the 9$ Catch Can thing on the valve that you cannot remove from the valve cover, should I add one to the PCV that you can remove too?
Most definitely - a lot of owners do that as the main catch can since does more of the catching of the oil vapors than does the other one.

Do a search on catch cans in these forums...lotsa info involved with this topic.

Good luck - DSM

Most definitely - a lot of owners do that as the main catch can since does more of the catching of the oil vapors than does the other one.

Do a search on catch cans in these forums...lotsa info involved with this topic.

Good luck - DSM

Definitely man, thanks for the help!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back