The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

car wont start then white smoke

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayberry

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2003
auburn_WA
Please Help. My Car Died On Start After 5 Secs Then I Checked The Plugs, Cleaned Them And Started, Ran For 10 Secs And White Smoke Came From Under The Hood (alot) Then Will Not Start. Fuel Pump Working And Fuel Filter Is Getting Fuel Through It Too. What Could It Be? Put New Plugs In And It Will Crank Fine And I Tested The Plugs They Are Getting Spark But Will Not Start. I Dont Smell Seafood From A Bad Ecu I Dont Know Why It Will Not Start. Is There Something That Would Make It Not Start Giving These Symptoms? Please Help 92 Tsi.

Stock Pump, Working, Filter Spurting Fuel Out, Sparks Firing, I Have Intake, Greddy Type S Bov. Magnacore 8.5mm Wires Turbo Back Exhaust I Am In Need Of Help Please Help A Dsm'er

Sound like you might have a blow head gasket, but im not really going to say that until the last resort. It can possibly be a big exhaust leak too, but since u mentioned white smoke... Try to locate where exactly the smoke is coming from. Open your hood and try to find exactly where its coming from. I would also recommend doing a compression test: http://www.geocities.com/dsmgrrrl/FAQs/compression.htm

about two days ago, My car was kinda boging down at low rpm's in first gear when accellerating normal .
i recently had my head gasket replaced along with new lifters, new t belt,i do have a crack in my exaust manifold*(small hairline crack)* but i dont think that would be the cause of prob.. my car wont start just turns over *(normal)* the white smoke happen when the car was running for like 5 secs or so, then the car turned off , now the car wont start just cranks over and over *(battery is good voltage 14 amps)* it had the tune up about 4 months ago with new water pump t belt valve springs, and the head gasket.)*
if car had bad compression or timing was off the car would pulse all out of wack ...
please any more info is helpful..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back