The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car Won't start after Seafoam.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetjumper32

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 28, 2004
Florence, Oregon
I've run seafoam several times before through my vaccuum line, and after some hard driving for a few thousand miles, I decided to run half a can again today. I ran it, everything went normal but the car died after about 1/3 of the can. When it died I just let it sit for about 10 minutes, and went to start it, nothing. Tried for a good 10 minutes and only managed a couple backfires. I then let it sit for 6 hours and went and just tried again, but nothing. I am getting spark, so that isn't it. Does anyone have an idea? Please help, I have to get back to school on Sunday :(. Thanks, I know someone can help.

Car= 95 Eclipse GST

check the spark plugs, see if you burned them up. let the car sit with the throttle body open to for to help dry it out you most likely have a lot of sea foam in there and a lot of it will take a while to dry.

Thanks. Pulled the plugs and used some of the left over seafoam to clean them off. Put back in and started right off. Ran like s h i t for a bit, but got back to normal after a few minutes.

next time you do this besure to regulate the flow of the seafoam thats what caused your problem. you need just a very small flow and the whole process should take about 10mins

ya i've just started useing this on my cars too works great but your not supposed to dump that mutch and supposed to slowly pour it in... this stuff really tears the spark plugs up and should prolly replace them after useing it for best results... :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back