The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

General Car sometimes cuts out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexGsxCummins

Proven Member
May 31, 2014
Bremerton, Washington
I'm running out of ideas here, i replaces plugs, wires, and took it to English racing to have a tune, of course the whole time they had it the problem never came up. So sometimes my car cuts out, i think I've narrowed it down to when the throttle is at WOT or close to it. I can give the car half and let it build just as much boost and it won't do it. Also when this happens the car will idle a little higher (about 1600 rpm) all I can think of is when i set my tps it would not read 5v at WOT but i did set it correct. And another question is if i plug my laptop into the car now that english racing tuned or will i screw up my tune? Also when the problem starts it will continue to do it, i let it sit over night and it runs fine again. Only other thing I can think of that the car will do is once every 3-4 when i go to shift into any gear and do a pull it feels like the car will be pulling back or braking almost then it will all of a sudden just start pulling like normal, it does it for maybe 1 second

My car has been stalling randomly while driving. I thought I am loosing tps so I changed it. Then a month later would stall again I logged this time o2 sensor and thought it was flooding the car so I changed it and again sometime later it stalled and this time it kept stalling and running rought. It turns out the plug on power transiter has bad connection. It's like a year later and I still have not changed it. But I am planning to. I can make it run bad just by playing with the connector. So try to move the connector around because as you shift the engine moves and so does the wires. Some idea for you because this problem drove me banana.

My car has been stalling randomly while driving. I thought I am loosing tps so I changed it. Then a month later would stall again I logged this time o2 sensor and thought it was flooding the car so I changed it and again sometime later it stalled and this time it kept stalling and running rought. It turns out the plug on power transiter has bad connection. It's like a year later and I still have not changed it. But I am planning to. I can make it run bad just by playing with the connector. So try to move the connector around because as you shift the engine moves and so does the wires. Some idea for you because this problem drove me banana.

The harness going to my ptu has breaks in the insulation right next to where they go into the connector.... I can definitely see this being an issue for other people. A crumby PTU will cause a lot of ignition problems and I used to carry a good spare around the glove box for times when mine acted up. It saved me a few times when my car wouldn't start for "no reason" or was cutting out randomly. I also saw this on my log as very large fluctuations in the AFR.

The harness going to my ptu has breaks in the insulation right next to where they go into the connector.... I can definitely see this being an issue for other people. A crumby PTU will cause a lot of ignition problems and I used to carry a good spare around the glove box for times when mine acted up. It saved me a few times when my car wouldn't start for "no reason" or was cutting out randomly. I also saw this on my log as very large fluctuations in the AFR.

Haha I guess I need to carry a spare one too.

So far I tested the fuel pressure it was at 46 psi. The sputter has not happens again yet, but it has not rained sense then I wounder if something is getting wet but it is still doing the lack of power maybe once every 2 days.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back