The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Car seems to be burning up MAP sensors.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakk220

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2010
Akron, Ohio
Well the title says most of it. About every 3 months my car needs a new Omni 4 bar mitsu-style MAP sensor. Last time I tested the wiring with a multimeter and it seemed all good. Even wiggled around the harness. No change. As soon as I put a new MAP sensor on it worked great.... For 3 more months

The first time it happened, Thomas at ECMtuning replaced the sensor for me and said he has never had one fail. But I confirmed it for him by swapping them back and forth numerous times with the same result. Car runs on one and not the other. So I sent the sensor back to him and he puts it on one of his cars and says it runs fine.

Does anyone have any ideas where to start with this? Or am I just having bad luck with sensors?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back