The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Car runs sluggish

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterMatt209

Proven Member
Jan 17, 2015
Danville, Indiana
I have an automatic 98 GSX. I have no engine lighys or any problems with my car that I know of. Basically when I'm taking off from a stop fast or not, my car feels like it's just not driving as it should I'm not sure really how to explain besides saying it feels sluggish. Even at high speeds like about 40 or 50 and I try to go fast it takes a while to get up to a fast speed. Can anyone help? I can try to explain better if needed

The first things that come to mind are dying o2 sensor, either a vacuum leak or exhaust leak or lack of spark or fuel.

I'm not trying to be rude but you have a lot of posts about similar issues with your BOOST LEAKS. Please fix the known leaks and perhaps combine your posts so we know all your info in one place like your throttle body leaks or biss screw or the several you have on the same topic. Again just trying to help you but it would be easier if you didn't make a new thread for everything that should be in one related thread topic.

Proper plugs make a world of difference. Had the same thing on the last two dsms I bought. First time, the ngks weren't gapped properly. Second time, even though the PO had meticulous maintenance records I pulled the plugs and he was using Bosch iridiums! Put NGK 6es gapped at .28 and runs like new.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back