car not getting any power at all - working battery

Posted by greathuskie, Oct 1, 2010
Newbie Forum - Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum.

1. greathuskie

greathuskie Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Hollywood, Florida
    my car needed a new starter recently, so i replaced it. after about a week, it got harder and harder to start the car, it would crank slow etc, then it got to the point htat it wouldnt even start. so today i pulled starter, took it to Autozone to get checked and it worked fine. took battery there, puts out 12.5v, battery is perfect. i install everything again, turn acc on, its fine, then i turn key to start car, i lose all power, and now no matter what i do i cannot get power back to the car. any ideas what would cause this?
  2. AlaskanDsm

AlaskanDsm Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I had a similar issue when one of my fuses kept popping because my fan motor was bad and grounded. Every time I turned the key to start it, it would pop the fuse and every time after would show no power to anything until I replaced the fuse. As far as the engine turning over slower and slower, it sounds as if the battery was dying. I would trying checking the fuses if you haven't already and go from there.
  3. greathuskie

greathuskie Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Hollywood, Florida
    well it was a wire, after i already triple checked em, i just tightened the sh** out of all of them and it came back on...thanks for help !
  4. AlaskanDsm

AlaskanDsm Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    haha. Sounds about right. Thats the DSM for you.
  5. 9!'clipseDOHC

9!'clipseDOHC Moderator

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    El Paso, Texas
    Glad you got it figured out! Now you can mark this thread as resolved.