car not getting any power at all - working battery

Posted by greathuskie, Oct 1, 2010
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. greathuskie

greathuskie Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Hollywood, Florida
    my car needed a new starter recently, so i replaced it. after about a week, it got harder and harder to start the car, it would crank slow etc, then it got to the point htat it wouldnt even start. so today i pulled starter, took it to Autozone to get checked and it worked fine. took battery there, puts out 12.5v, battery is perfect. i install everything again, turn acc on, its fine, then i turn key to start car, i lose all power, and now no matter what i do i cannot get power back to the car. any ideas what would cause this?
  2. AlaskanDsm

AlaskanDsm Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I had a similar issue when one of my fuses kept popping because my fan motor was bad and grounded. Every time I turned the key to start it, it would pop the fuse and every time after would show no power to anything until I replaced the fuse. As far as the engine turning over slower and slower, it sounds as if the battery was dying. I would trying checking the fuses if you haven't already and go from there.
  3. greathuskie

greathuskie Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Hollywood, Florida
    well it was a wire, after i already triple checked em, i just tightened the sh** out of all of them and it came back on...thanks for help !
  4. AlaskanDsm

AlaskanDsm Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    haha. Sounds about right. Thats the DSM for you.
  5. 9!'clipseDOHC

9!'clipseDOHC Moderator

DSM Profiles:
    El Paso, Texas
    Glad you got it figured out! Now you can mark this thread as resolved.