car jerking and sewage smell

Posted by Crackerjaxx, Oct 31, 2002
Newbie Forum - Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum.

1. Crackerjaxx

Crackerjaxx Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    wichita, Kansas
    :cry: well here is my problem i hope someone can help me out here.while driving my car the other day it started jerking around 3000rpms and a bad smell comes out(smells like sewage). it kinda sounds like the clutch is slipping. i have never had a clutch slip before so i can't say thats what it is. i do know that your rmps go up and you get a sewage smell but i don't know about the jerking part can someone explaain this part to me.
  2. Rob

Rob Proven Member

, Cape_Coral_Fla_Sw
    the smell is most likely the clutch......the jerking is possible bad wires or bad spark plugs. just my 0.02 cents
  3. EROK006

EROK006 Proven Member

WVC, SLC_UT
    Are you still running a cat? That could be clogged as well. I know when mine we bad on another car I had, it would rev past like 3000, and kinda smelt bad as well.
  4. quickersol

quickersol Proven Member

, waite_park_mn
    check your electrical system, if your alternator is overcharging it will cause the acid in the battery to boil and smell like suffer (rotten egg smell)
  5. Crackerjaxx

DSM Profiles:
    wichita, Kansas
    i am still runnig a cat and i took in my starter to have it checked because i was have problems starting i took it in and had it tested it was pulling 250 so i bought a new one and it starts now i haven't checked the plugs and wires yet on my way to do that now and check the cat. thanks for info. so far. i did forget to mention that i does set and idle good only happens when im trying to drive
  6. Dsmed

Dsmed Proven Member

, Cleveland_Ohio
    check your ecu caps and make sure they aren't leaking. You will smell a fishy smell inside the car and this also causes bucking.
  7. Crackerjaxx

DSM Profiles:
    wichita, Kansas
    i thank every1 who has giving me advice on my problem but it has been fixed. i have a friend who has a code scanner and it found that i was not getting any air flow readings so i was going to buy a new air flow senser sowhen the car was running and scanner hooked up i tapped the senser and it started running right but soon started acting up again so i bang it alittle more and now it is working great i have good idle and everything amazing what you find out by banging on something.hehehehe. thanks everyone for the info