The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

car jerking and sewage smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crackerjaxx

Probationary Member
Jun 22, 2002
wichita, Kansas
:cry: well here is my problem i hope someone can help me out here.while driving my car the other day it started jerking around 3000rpms and a bad smell comes out(smells like sewage). it kinda sounds like the clutch is slipping. i have never had a clutch slip before so i can't say thats what it is. i do know that your rmps go up and you get a sewage smell but i don't know about the jerking part can someone explaain this part to me.

the smell is most likely the clutch......the jerking is possible bad wires or bad spark plugs. just my 0.02 cents

Are you still running a cat? That could be clogged as well. I know when mine we bad on another car I had, it would rev past like 3000, and kinda smelt bad as well.

check your electrical system, if your alternator is overcharging it will cause the acid in the battery to boil and smell like suffer (rotten egg smell)

i am still runnig a cat and i took in my starter to have it checked because i was have problems starting i took it in and had it tested it was pulling 250 so i bought a new one and it starts now i haven't checked the plugs and wires yet on my way to do that now and check the cat. thanks for info. so far. i did forget to mention that i does set and idle good only happens when im trying to drive

check your ecu caps and make sure they aren't leaking. You will smell a fishy smell inside the car and this also causes bucking.

i thank every1 who has giving me advice on my problem but it has been fixed. i have a friend who has a code scanner and it found that i was not getting any air flow readings so i was going to buy a new air flow senser sowhen the car was running and scanner hooked up i tapped the senser and it started running right but soon started acting up again so i bang it alittle more and now it is working great i have good idle and everything amazing what you find out by banging on something.hehehehe. thanks everyone for the info

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back