The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G car is acting weird

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aleelloo

Proven Member
Dec 13, 2016
florida, Texas
hello guys i own a eclipse 1995 automatic!!! , im really new to this site i posted some threads before but i dont know how to search , tried on google but didnt really get much ... anyways guys
my car turbo blown recently and i installed an evo1 professionally installed and rebuilt, everything was fine , drove car for 2 days then , in my country dubai its strict they impounded the car.... for mods
anyways 1 month later i took my car , i drove it all with no problems ... drove home parked the car everything was great! i checked oil checked radiator everything was great , and new since 1 month!!! nothing was really old!!
anyways i started my car , i warmed it up next day and it try reversing , RPM goes high and doesnt really move , then suddenly it jumps back and acts really really weird, also i heard a zzzzzzz sound coming from the gear .... shiftd to D same thing rpm goes high doesnt move , after a bitit jumps frront , i then put it on R ... it moves front abit .... acting really really weird!!! on N it goes back abit, so i dont really know about cars and i NEED your help as i really love this car and i want to run it and enjoy it abit :(
please guys post whatveer u know is the problem ANYTHING would be helpful from people with experienece like you!!! please help reply asap!!! what do u guys think

Its hard to hear exactly what the sound is but my gosh, replace those motor mounts!

And the second video is the cable mount on top of the transmission that should not move, the end of that cable is what should move when you move the shift lever.

sorry for the bad quality, if u can messg me on whatsap i can show u the clear video! +971502702284 !!!
and yes i need to changethose motor mounts, but i will change my transmission to a new one before i do that

Its hard to hear exactly what the sound is but my gosh, replace those motor mounts!

And the second video is the cable mount on top of the transmission that should not move, the end of that cable is what should move when you move the shift lever.
bro , do u think changing my whole tranny with a newer one would solve this? or is this another problem in the other parts of outsidegear? ??

sorry for the bad quality, if u can messg me on whatsap i can show u the clear video! +971502702284 !!!
and yes i need to changethose motor mounts, but i will change my transmission to a new one before i do that

You're going to swap out the transmission before you change out the motor mounts? Did you check under the car and look at what I said earlier?

"-Make sure Bell housing has not started to separate from the block (Should be snug to the block)
-Take off the inspection plate that is right in front of the transfer case and make sure the converter bolts are tight
-Check and make sure the connectors on the neutral safety switch(NSS) plug and transmission control unit(TCU) plug are securely attached and clean. "

You're going to swap out the transmission before you change out the motor mounts? Did you check under the car and look at what I said earlier?

"-Make sure Bell housing has not started to separate from the block (Should be snug to the block)
-Take off the inspection plate that is right in front of the transfer case and make sure the converter bolts are tight
-Check and make sure the connectors on the neutral safety switch(NSS) plug and transmission control unit(TCU) plug are securely attached and clean. "
if i check those and they are all safe , ( im going to search online for their location etc and in like 2 hours i will reply to u if they are safe or not...) if they are safe , i should go for mount change , if problem still here , i go for transm change right ? this is the correct path, true?

You need to correct the known issues and go from there. Yes you could just buy a new transmission and put new motor mounts in when you install the transmission, it's your money and no one is stopping you haha I am saying to check these things because it could prevent you from wasting a lot of extra cash and time.

I am not saying the motor mounts are all you need to fix but we can take this one step at a time to diagnose the problem. It's hard to diagnose a problem like this through the internet rather than being with the car.

You need to correct the known issues and go from there. Yes you could just buy a new transmission and put new motor mounts in when you install the transmission, it's your money and no one is stopping you haha I am saying to check these things because it could prevent you from wasting a lot of extra cash and time.

I am not saying the motor mounts are all you need to fix but we can take this one step at a time to diagnose the problem. It's hard to diagnose a problem like this through the internet rather than being with the car.
true brother! i really appreciate your help and im going to check all those plugs you told me about with the bell housing too! and then if problem stays il go for mounts and then tranny change
anyways could u help me a bit with the TCU location? i found the NSS

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
look at this video at 3;15 !!!! the cable to the right , this one i have it hanging loose in my car... is that a problem ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back