The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink Car going lean, log provided

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluefire16

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2007
Grand Rapids, Michigan
hey all,

So over winter, I swapped my stock 7 bolt for my built 6 bolt. Its a 6 bolt bottom end, manley pistons and rods, stock compression, with a 7 bolt head ported and bc 272s. Car was tuned prior on my stock 7 bolt and made 400whp at 30psi.

Mods, hx40, afpr, evo 3 intake manifold, jmf forward exhaust manifold, aem wideband, 1600cc injectors, SD kit, ported 7bolt head with 272 cams, sbr fmic, aem 380 pump (dual but only running one atm for break in). Old tune was on E85 fuel as well as is now.

Car starts right up, idles fine at 14-15.x and will just fine. Fuel pressure is 43psi and holds. New spark plugs, new cas, new plug wires, new ptu, new/cleaned fuel filters (pre and post), Plugs gapped at .020 (bpr7es). No boost leaks, no fuel leaks, ect.

When I get into heavy load, and power around the 5k rpm mark the car starts to choke out. I am not sure why. I thought the original tune would have been ok, but i think there is to much air now due to the cams. Could someone take a look at my log and VE table and tell me if I need to adjust something?

Attached is a log of me driving around the block a little bit. Any help and advice is welcome. thanks.

Attachments

• log.2018.06.28-01.elg
    251.7 KB · Views: 63
For one thing, you are running speed density, but your Omni 4-bar isn't working sooo.....

I think you need to check the "Lock MDP" box on the MISC tab.

Your SD isnt setup correctly, youre simulating on a wideband that doesnt log correctly for CL or OL so there is not a chance in hell the computer knows what fuel trims are, your VE SD table is setup incorrectly, your injectors are setup incorrectly, you dont list the brand of the injector either which is critical, your timing table is mostly stock, your OL fuel table is setup too lean. There are mechanical issues to fix before driving the car. If you paid for a tune and this is it, smh.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back