The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink Cant get the AirFlowPerRev and CombinedFT right

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabot2g

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2012
Cabot, Arkansas
I keep adjusting the injector deadtimes trying to get the CombinedFT down to 1% or less but I cant get it to budge. Its staying around 16.8% and my wideband is reading 17:1 - 19:1

As an example, when my wideband is reading 17.3:1 the AFRatioEst is showing 12.5:1

I have the AirFlowPerRev around 0.24 - 0.25 gm/rev

7 bolt 2L
evoIII 16g
Stock injectors
Stock fuel pump
2g MAF

Boost leak test, resolved all leaks but the BOV. Have to do somthing with the leaking TurboXS.

Any suggestions?

I was saving the file and you posted before I could get it uploaded... LOL

LC-1 wideband, air calibrated and Link set to LC-1 wideband.

Wideband is located in the front O2 housing and running simulator in link.

Attachments

• log.2011.06.11-01.maf.adjust.idle.elg
    51.4 KB · Views: 57
Your STFT is pegged positive because your O2 is reading very lean.

Isn't it more conventional to simulate narrowband frt O2 by putting the WB in the rear O2 bung and lock the rear O2 voltage? I would say, you either have a big exhaust leak before your WB or maybe the sensor is bad. Some people don't have good luck with the WB that close upstream. It might be more for longevity reasons, but this is the 2nd WB sim issue I've seen in a couple days.

Where is your BOV leaking? Is your BOV recirculated? I'm not familiar with the turbo XS model. If it is vented to atmosphere and leaking at the valve seat, then you could very well be that lean at idle depending on how bad the leak is.

Are you running inexplicably rich under boost?

Its a VTA and leaks as soon as I put any pressure on it with a boost leak test.

Havent ran much boost yet. Its a new engine and breaking it in.

Update...

Decided to recalibrate the wideband, once calabrated I was able to get the numbers to react to my changes. Also removed the leaking bov and plugged it just to get the idle dialed in.

I found out what knocked my o2 sensor off, when the car is running I didnt have the ground on the battery secured. It came off and caused the car to stall for just a fraction of a second. But it caused the CEL to throw, checked to see what it was and it was the front o2 sensor.

After that it was acting just like it did before calabrating. So tomorrow I will calabrate it again and make sure the ground is secured.

Im getting a little idle surge but I think Im on the right path.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=140558&d=1339557468

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back