The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink Can not set ISC position

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just want to add that I tried to screw in the FIAV on one TB but that sucker wouldn't budge and it wasn't something I felt comfortable using brute force on. The bypass plate is only a couple bucks so may be something to consider beforehand.

That's something I can try that won't empty my pocket. Thanks

Are your coolant lines going to your fiav or are they looped (eliminated).

They're connected to FIAV with coolant flowing through. Thanks

Problem resolved.

Removed the throttle body again to try and tighten the FIAV. Then I noticed that the throttle plate wasn't straight from when I replaced the shaft seals. There are two marks on the plate that run parallel to the shaft. Since I had it off, I took apart the bottom half and the FIAV spring looked extremely cruddy, so I cleaned it out w brake cleaner as best as possible. Coolant was brown water when I got it. Boost leak tested and it holds much longer now. ISC sits at a very happy 30.

Thanks everyone!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back