The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Can I tap a oil pressure gauge into stock oil filter housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboSpider

Proven Member
Nov 2, 2015
York, Pennsylvania
Just changed my oil and for one noticed there is two oil pressure sensors on the oil filter housing. I am assuming one is a pressure switch that tells the idiot light what the pressure is and the other is a sensor for the computer. Either way, when I was down there I notice at least two plugs with allen heads in them that seal up the housing. It seems, I would be able to remove one of those plugs and install an after market oil pressure gauge fitting. Anyone ever use these spots to tap in an aftermarket oil pressure gauge?

I have a remote oil pressure sending unit installed on the Red Engine where the yellow circled spot in the attached picture is on the oil filter housing. Mine is a 1ga 6 bolt Talon. The Purple Engine is a 7 bolt and it has a remote sender on it in the same spot
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Anyone happen to know what size allen plugs these are? I guess i need to get a reducer to go feom the oil filter housing size to the new oil pressure sensor size. Can someone help me out here quick?

I forget the thread sizes, BUT they are BSP....not metric or Imperial. So you should get the correct adaptor to avoid ending with any oil dripping in the future.

Just my .02

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back