The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Can anyone help me with what to do with this 5th hardline? (Vent, 3rd fuel line))

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeb

Proven Member
Apr 6, 2016
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I posted a similar thread yesterday but with a couple questions and this one didn't get answered. Since usually only 1 question gets focused on per post I'm re-asking this.. Any info is appreciated, so please if you have info, i would really appreciate the knowledge. Thanks guys... That being said..

I'm trying to delete my hard lines for fuel
....and there's a third line (1st pic). Someone told me it was a tank vent line or something?

Does this third hard line feed from the charcoal canister or something? (2nd pic) just wondering because isn't that what the char-can does? Vents the tank pressure?

I just have to jack up the rear to get some more detail.. but before I delete it or move it or anything, I just want to get some input on what's best I'm just looking to clean up my engine bay so should I just pipe cut it (circular cut without crimping it with an "imp cutter/separator") and leave it dumped under the car or should I delete the whole line and reroute it with some nylon an6 line ill have leftover from my return line?
.. Or an8 from my feed?
... Or leave it as a hardline just cut back somewhere else so it's unseen?

I know a lot of people delete their hard lines, just wondering what they do for this third one? Thanks guys..

Attachments

• 0408171250.jpg
    0408171250.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 0408171222.jpg
    0408171222.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 70
Thats the tank vapor fees for the charcoal canister. You have to vent the tank. Where you want to vent it after the blue check valve is up to you. I ran a vacuum hose from the check valve up the filler hose. That way its higher then the tank and the fumes are behind the car.

Thats the tank vapor fees for the charcoal canister. You have to vent the tank. Where you want to vent it after the blue check valve is up to you. I ran a vacuum hose from the check valve up the filler hose. That way its higher then the tank and the fumes are behind the car.

Yes that's a good idea. Sorta like how nissan240s do... I get it now. The previous owner removed the canister that's why I was confused I couldn't find one i knew the line was cut, but I didnt know what for I thought the canister was in the back of the car and thought it went..

Gas tank --> rubber line --> check valve --> canister --> hard line vent (and I just couldn't see the canister)

Instead I found out I can't see the canister cause it's gone and usually at the end of the line...

Thanks gsx..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back