The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Cams for auto DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I currently run the Kelford 264/264 cams and they work great. My setup is similar to yours with the HTA76. I also run the Sinister Spoolinator 8c2 weighted and you couldn't tell the difference is normal street driving. The only negative thing is, the sinister doesn't have is the lockup clutches so you do lose that function with that converter. There are aftermarket converters with that option but you will pay for it.

My car will currently brake stall to ~3K if I remember correctly. Racing from a dig aside, would a kelford 272 be a hinderance to my setup? Maybe a 264/260 would be more appropriate for an auto?
It's not just being able to sit still on the brakes and build boost. A well matched setup will flash the converter to an rpm where the turbo starts working while driving when you go wot.

In my experience the kelford 272's don't work well with most non nitrous auto setups, unless it's a 2.3/2.4.

It's not just being able to sit still on the brakes and build boost. A well matched setup will flash the converter to an rpm where the turbo starts working while driving when you go wot.

In my experience the kelford 272's don't work well with most non nitrous auto setups, unless it's a 2.3/2.4.
I plan on staying with a 2.0 and definitely a higher stall torque converter. But the build is happening very incrementally. So probably run bigger cams on stock valve train and then throw in Kiggly HP springs, Ti retainers and steel seats, Manley valves and eventually go on to the bottom end when I have the 2K to throw at it.

You want comp 101200's/fp2's, hks 272's, etc. Something around 212*@.050".

You're also going to need a restall, or new converter.
I decided to go with the comp cams and some AEM adjustable cam gears. Would the Kiggly Steel Street springs suffice or do I need the High Pressure with Ti retainers?

The Kiggly street spring will work for those cams. I ran single Manley springs on FP2's (Same cam) and hit 9.5k. I wouldn't recommend pushing to that on single springs but it has been done. Those Kiggly street beehives can take a beating.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back