The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Build Journals transition

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
You've probably noticed by now that the Journals menu has changed. We're in a state of transition. The Journals system that we've all known the past few years is changing - it's moving back to the Forums thread format, for better or for worse.

You can see the new section here:
DSM Build Journals - DSM Forums

And the old section here:
DSM Forums - Blogs

The old section will remain as an archive for searching and browsing and will remained linked in the menu up top. But all new Builds should be posted in the new section.

Why the change? The system I built a few years back addressed a few issues with the idea of people posting build threads in the forums. It gave us a way to organizing them, quickly link to each user's build threads, and even allowed us to create a post count for them. It also moved all the replies out of the way so that you didn't have to sift through pages and pages of replies to find updates for the build. But even with those features, the system was built on a flawed script platform that wasn't worth salvaging. And along with the system's short comings was the fact that it wasn't a tight integration with the forums. It needed more exposure.

So here we are. We're having people post their builds in a thread format. We lose out on some of the cool aspects of the old system, but at least people will be familiar with the forum format and the integration. And we can still do some things to improve upon the thread format. It's still not the ideal solution but it should solve some issues on the old format and will hopefully gain more traction among those who were vocal in their complaints about the old system. And I apologize to those who liked the old system. Please understand that this was a difficult decision for me to make. I just felt that this was the right decision going forward.

So what about all those old Build Blogs/Journals? We don't have the ability to copy them over for you, and there isn't an easy way for you to copy them over yourself really. So what I've suggested everyone do is simply link to all of their old entries in the old section when beginning a new Build Thread in the new section. It's not ideal but it's the best way for people to see all of your old entries and get a feel for what you've done so far.

Feel free to PM me questions.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back