The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Brake Bracket Fabrication Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2011
El Paso, Texas
My friend sold me a STM wilwood brake kit for an evo. I need to make a bracket that fits the 2g dsm. I do have the bracket for the evo which i used as a guide for the bolts on the caliper side. I made a template out of cardboard that bolts to the caliper and left the other side blank. I mounted the rotor and approximated where the caliper would sit with the cardboard attached. I marked the cardboard based on the holes on the knuckle side. I essentially have a rough draft of a template which I can translate to a thick sheet metal, once I get it nearly perfect, to use as an official template. I can upload pictures of what I have so far in the comments later. I guess the point of this post is to see if anyone has any better ideas that can help make this process a bit easier. I figured if I have a useable template my friend can machine it out as opposed to charge me for this entire process.

I made some brackets for my cobra calipers years ago. I have the bolt hole dimensions and distance from center on my work computer. I can post them tomorrow.

I also made a few revisions out of plastic until I got the clearance I needed.

I have in my possession a VR4 brake caliper bracket so I used that for a proper fitment of the dsm knuckle side. I guess what I need help on is perfecting the spacial differences from where the set of the caliper holes are in relation to the holes on the knuckle. ive just been using cardboard for now cuz its cheap and easy to work with. ive made a couple of sheet metal templates at work. so far I'm close but it seems to rub on either the top or bottom side of the caliper to the rotor.

Here is the picture of the vr4 bracket on the far left. I made the two on the right. If anyone has any ideas on how to make this process slightly less irritating it would help. Or if anyone has a schematic for the stm wilwood bracket that would also help.

Attachments

• D7390E06-C5EE-4D0D-A32E-0F37E6B999EB.jpeg
    D7390E06-C5EE-4D0D-A32E-0F37E6B999EB.jpeg
    318.9 KB · Views: 94
Here are the brackets I made. Maybe these dimensions will help you out.

Attachments

• Image 1.PNG
    Image 1.PNG
    60.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Image 2.PNG
    Image 2.PNG
    35.9 KB · Views: 126
Thanks for the diagrams. And I called stm already and they said they wouldn’t separate the kit. That I would have to buy it all over again.
great after sales or even help from them then! Its their product after all! it would be no issues to just have a set made up but hey thats why we have options right!

Last edited:
Just a thought. Would the KVM Brackets that are made to adapt Evo Brembos to the DSM knuckle work?

great after sales or even help from them them! Its their product after all! it would be no issues to just have a set made up but hey thats why we have options right!

I didn't really understand half of what you said LOL. I really don't mind if they don't sell it to me. It would be easier if they did but I actually enjoy making things myself. LOL I just need a little bit of guidance

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back