Bosch 044 In tank Pre Filter

Posted by Irrational, Jul 16, 2007
Bolt-on Tech - 4G63 intake, exhaust, intake manifold, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc.

1. Irrational

Irrational Proven Member

Belmar, New_Jersey
    So i got my Bosh 044 in the tank with 8an feed. when i try putting the thing in with the pre filter i got from Jay Racing. It does not fit the fuel pump assembly is taller then the tank so you cant bolt the assembly down. When I take the filter off it goes in like a champ.

Are you guy's running Pre filter's with your in tank 044's?

here is a pic of how tall the set up is. I would shim it up a bit but then i wont be able to get the cover back on.

Attached Files:

2. 99gst_racer

99gst_racer Moderator

DSM Profiles:
    Coloma, Michigan
    The DSMtak write-up lists it as "optional but good insurance".

You could also try shimming the bulkhead up with another lock nut.
  3. Irrational

Irrational Proven Member

Belmar, New_Jersey
    I did not see anything about a pre filter on Nukafision's wright up, and he did 6an i wonder if 8an bulkheads and adapter's are longer.
    I was talking about shiming it but i cant go far before the an is in the car.
    Let me refraze my question- Does anyone here have a different Pre filter that fits with the 8an setup?
  4. vintagemuscle

vintagemuscle Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    north olmsted, Ohio
    I run a bosch 044 in tank without a filter. I also use all -8an fittings and have not had a problem. If I knew about this pre-filter before I put it in I probably would have used it.
    If you look at the inlet of the bosch pump you can see that it has a built in filter and should work fine unless you have a whole bunch of crap in your tank.