The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Borg Warner S200 (Bullseye S256) Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm going to hijack your question Gary--yes, without the actuator there you can fit a stock fan in there. I had to trim my shroud a little, but that was more so my LICP setup could fit, and thus had nothing to do with the compressor cover itself.

yeahyeah - the turbo fits very nicely. especially with the FP manifold. That radiator is also bigger than stock so if you're still on the stocky you'll be able to fit it just fine! I'd say the actuator is about 2 inches from the radiator and the comp housing is about another 1-1.5 further away.

do you guys use some kind of extra supports to to keep the turbo in place?
i got mine yesterday(256 with t3 turbine housing)
this turbo is more than twice the weight of my 16G
i am running a tubular mannifold
i think that when the mannifold gets red hot its gonna be ripped of by the weight of the turbo

so if youre running a tub mannifold with a big turbo let me know how its holding
thanks in advance.

The only support that i know of is on the downpipe bolted onto the block (original support). That is what I am going to do when mine is installed, just have to fabricate it, because my downpipe does not have it.

a well built manifold should be fine. We've had the S256 with the REAL HEAVY BW turbine housings on the EVO we built for a very long time, now on a .70 VBand and it's still working great.

It's not a bad idea though to make up a nice bracket to help with some of the weight on the manifold.

What kind of numbers are you guys putting down on pump gas? (S256)

The VIP EVO makes 500whp/500lbs on pump gas and meth. With the S256

I've been following several BW threads lately, but I still haven't seen any solid numbers from guys using the S25x turbos with BEP housings on pump or pump/meth. Did I miss something? Was the evo on a full t3 setup? Reason I want to know is to gauge if the BEP S258 is going to be a 122-128 mph turbo on pump or not.

On my end at least, the lack of a FMIC is going to give a misrepresentation of this turbo. I get significant fluctuation in even the butt-dyno based on how heat soaked my SMIC is.

You should hassle Scott:D

Dang 500awhp? a s256 is comparable with a 30r right? But with a smaller price tag.

I've been following several BW threads lately, but I still haven't seen any solid numbers from guys using the S25x turbos with BEP housings on pump or pump/meth. Did I miss something? Was the evo on a full t3 setup? Reason I want to know is to gauge if the BEP S258 is going to be a 122-128 mph turbo on pump or not.

My S256 in the bolt-on housing went 11.9 @ 119 on pump. There was more in it, I was on a stock intake manifold and running 205/55 16s spinning through the low gears.

here some other borg numbers:

s258 .55 t3 gets 25psi @3800rpm on stock 1.8 20v motor 418whp
The s362 .70 t3 gets 32-34 psi@4450 on fully built 2.0 20v motor making 615whp

not dsm's, but good to see..

My S256 in the bolt-on housing went 11.9 @ 119 on pump. There was more in it, I was on a stock intake manifold and running 205/55 16s spinning through the low gears.

Yea, I frequent your posts quite a bit just to see how you're doing. I wonder if 123-125 is doable with the BEP setup. What boost were you running again? With stock IM and pump, that's awesome :)

29psi, pump gas with alky injection. very basic setup.

I take it the evo was on a t3 .70 ar housing?

yes it is on the T3 .70 ar v band housing. It's the one that netted us the most power. The .55 housing did nicely too but we had some fitment issues with the way we made the kit.

when I had my 256 on the DSM with the bolt on housing it spooled REAL nice. I didn't get a chance to put it on the dyno though. I sold my turbo, got another one, sold it thinking it wasn't going to be enough but the new plans for the car is for a S258 for a road race setup.

wasnt the vip evo making that much power with a built 2.3 stroker? It would explain the high torque. Although ive heard that these turbos are torque monsters!!!

Yes that is good your going to be running a s200 as a road race set up. Any more detail in the set up?

Here is another 500/500, but it is on an SRT4.
AGP S256 Dyno Video! - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Here's the deal on this one - .63 a/r T3 AGP turbine housing. The 500 whp was made at only 25 psi on race gas. They didn't go any higher because they were running out of fuel. On the other hand, they were at about 6000 feet altitude, the correction factor was 1.19, probably too high but it was the standard SAE CF, what do they know anyway. 2 wheel drive=less drive loss than us. 4000rpm on their pulls is at about 85 mph. They had stock 6200 rpm rev limit, were shutting off at around 6000 at the end of the runs. Built engine.

Gary

Well fellas - the car is all bolted back together. Tomorrow I'll be out for the first tune/first drive with the S258.

I'd probably be a whole lot more excited if I actually fixed my power steering leak - but no dice. Gotta get it on a lift somewhere.

anyway - I'll post pump gas results. I'd like to be around 22-24psi on pump & obviously no knock. Minimum of 20psi. After that is dialed in, it'll be as much boost as I can go before running out of fuel with my single rewired warlbro 255 & 1000s on E85.

Plans are for a dual 255 set up feeding my -6 an lines with 1600s. I'd like to see @ 35 PSI but I believe my Bolt on housing will begin to choke - then it's off to the T3 Setup.

I'll post back tomorrow night.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back