The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Borg Warner EFR Turbo, On A DSM Yet, What About the V Band DP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car Cannibal

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 7, 2003
Chicago, Illinois
Curious if anyone has any info of this turbo being on a DSM?
January is the date for prepaid customers but maybe there's a vendor out there with something in the works?:shhh:

The exhaust housing is a bit wider so the 3" V Band DP won't be universal making this an obstacle in making this happen for us. :(

So far only a T3 .82 open exhaust housing is available for us but this seems like a killer setup. The 7670 seems like a killer street turbo for us.

I just ordered mine today! Though I won't get it until january. I went with the 9180 with the T4 housing. Not sure about the dp but when I get it I will figure it out then I guess. I am very excited about this turbo for next year!

those borg warner turbos look sick.i just ordered an oil less 67mm billet from comp though.i cant wait to see some results.

Oddly enough I rent the shop right accross the parking lot from comp turbo to work on my car. I can try asking them if they are hanging out after hours today. Maybe get some sneak shots if any are in.

you should go over and get some good info for us.

there is a dyno chart of a 2.2 evo at the bottom of this page.over 800whp @32psi.damn good numbers
looks like a good turbo to go head to head with the fp3794r. awdmotorsports has made over 900whp with the fp

BorgWarner EFR 9180 Turbo - Full-Race.com

Forced Performance Turbochargers: FP HTA GT3794R Ball Bearing Turbocharger

FP makes more power and is $350 cheaper. Wonder which one is the more worthwhile investment?

FP makes more power and is $350 cheaper. Wonder which one is the more worthwhile investment?

i am sure that awdmorotsports was around 40psi.and if full race had turned up to 40psi they may seen the same results.

Guys, remember the pray Jesse said in FAST AND FURIOUS:
Thanks god for ball bearing turbos!!!!!!!!!!!!!![

So thanks god and stop arguing.. Both of these are amazing turbos, but only time will tell.......

Those are pretty sweet turbos. I think I will get one when it comes time to upgrade.

I'm curious what the 6758 with twin scroll housing would spool like on our engines. That's the most likely turbo I would get.

I just ordered mine today! Though I won't get it until january. I went with the 9180 with the T4 housing. Not sure about the dp but when I get it I will figure it out then I guess. I am very excited about this turbo for next year!

woww What did you do, sell a kidney LOL? you already done with the s366? The new EFR's are just sexy

I hope they come up with an upgrade were I can send in my S362 and just convert to the new compressor wheel and the titanium turbine wheel, make it a hybrid. would be awesome:sneaky: I doubt it though

Ah how I wish I could run my car. I have the s366ett with the efr exhaust wheel. Its a night and day difference in weight of the turbine wheels.

I picked my turbine wheel up at sema this year. I'm going to be doing some testing for them.

woww What did you do, sell a kidney LOL? you already done with the s366? The new EFR's are just sexy

I hope they come up with an upgrade were I can send in my S362 and just convert to the new compressor wheel and the titanium turbine wheel, make it a hybrid. would be awesome:sneaky: I doubt it though

I ordered mine at full race. Got it cheaper than their sale price. :) With me going to auto over winter I figured with the twin scroll and the efr it should get up the converter better and they are just awesome!

For those going twin scroll, what exhaust manifold brand are you using? I'd consider going this route if needed.

...and that's a selling point over the FP unit why? $2,300? Yikes! WTF

You're missing the point. These turbos aren't for everyone. They were designed to make it easier to build custom setup where there's little space to fit a turbo and external waste gate.

You're missing the point. These turbos aren't for everyone. They were designed to make it easier to build custom setup where there's little space to fit a turbo and external waste gate.

It's not that I'm missing the point, I just don't buy the argument. I don't see some(any)one buying a turbo of this size to run an internal wastegate on it. To me it's a useless option; Like a hooker who is an excellent bowler. I've gone to the local shootouts and I have never seen one, not a single one of those big turbo cars with an IWG. PLUS, if they are building a custom setup to start with, what is fabricating an external WG setup to these folks? I guess I'm one of those people who are resistant to sacrificing function over form. However, I will keep an open mind and see how they perform in the real world. :)

If you can finally get an internal wastegate to evacuate the exhaust gases at any boost level, why bother with an external? To me this is better, not worse. I've been using an internal on a different car for years, it's easy and trouble free. Problem was the new turbine wheels were making it hard for them to evacuate at moderate and low boosts, seems like BW figured out how to do it.

If I can eliminate the external wastegate and blowoff, I'm there, less crap to check for leaks and $$ to purchase, install and replace etc.

If you can finally get an internal wastegate to evacuate the exhaust gases at any boost level, why bother with an external? To me this is better, not worse. I've been using an internal on a different car for years, it's easy and trouble free. Problem was the new turbine wheels were making it hard for them to evacuate at moderate and low boosts, seems like BW figured out how to do it.

If I can eliminate the external wastegate and blowoff, I'm there, less crap to check for leaks and $$ to purchase, install and replace etc.

+1. If you can eliminate an external wastgate without a losing performance, why not? $350 more than FP? You are going to spend close to that on an exteral Tial WG so it's pretty much a wash...unless I am missing something here.

I will be receiving the 1.05 A/R TS EFR7670 from Full Race.
Bottom mount divided T4 JMF exhaust manifold with a custom JMF O2 eliminator downpipe.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back