The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

boost ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your boost gauge may not be installed correctly or the line could be leaking or your gauge is junk. Definitely check for boost leaks.

Does the boost increase with each gear shift? I know my gst would only have around 5-7 psi throughout 1st or 2nd and it would top out around 10-11 in 4th and 5th. If you have a MBC laying around swap it out with the stock boost control solenoid if a boost leak test doesn't solve the issue, It would be the next easiest thing to check.

Last edited:
OK...tapped into a different vacuum line on d intake...bypassed d waste gate actuator by the turbo...it hit over 20 psi...so boost gauge is working...I did notice vacuum line lose at turbo n where it t's off 2 the sensor n waste gate actuator...now I got an accurate reading... boost over 12psi on all gears...but now sputters @ full boost n lose power... so I can't go wide open throttle:cry:

You're probably knocking or hitting fuel cut. Get the boost back down and zip-tie all your connections, do a BLT to 20psi and report back. You should have this:

Boost Guage - T - FPR
IM vaccuum line

If it's cutting out but still pulling through the gear, check spark related parts, spark plug and gap first, if its like hitting a wall then spooling back up thats fuel cut, cold weather and stock injectors not that hard to do if boost is increased at all.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back