The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Body Hardware, Cowl and Interior

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Testosteroni84

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
Drammen, Europe
I live in Norway.
The 2nd generation Eclipse was never imported by Mitsubishi Motors in my country.

All of the cars you find over here have been imported by private persons or car dealers.
There are not many of these cars here either.

The years have gone by and some parts on my 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T are quite weather-beaten.
Everything that is damaged or worn is going to be refurbished or replaced.

For example, some plastic parts have been broken and I must get hold of replacements.
I have a hard time finding some of these, even on eBay.

One of the most important parts to get replaced is what is called "garnish, air inlet" by Mitsubishi.
Both of these have broken ends (see photographs below).

It is important that the replacement parts look as good as new.
Do you guys have any suggestions as to who is the best source for such parts?

Attachments

• Air Inlet Garnish LH 1.jpg
    Air Inlet Garnish LH 1.jpg
    622.8 KB · Views: 342
  • Air Inlet Garnish LH 2.jpg
    Air Inlet Garnish LH 2.jpg
    752.4 KB · Views: 307
  • Air Inlet Garnish RH 1.jpg
    Air Inlet Garnish RH 1.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 305
  • Air Inlet Garnish RH 2.jpg
    Air Inlet Garnish RH 2.jpg
    794.8 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
I've never seen those parts offered by anyone -- new or used -- on either the forums or eBay. You will have to get a complete coor panel, but shipping would be expensive. I recommend you contact member Stangmurdera who runs Miller Import Auto parts and explain your need to him. He may be able to pull off those pieces from a damaged door panel and ship them alone, saving you freight.

Thank you for the suggestion.
I am already in contact with Miller Import Parts as it seems to be the best source.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Miller Import Parts told me they do not have the parts in undamaged condition.
Does anyone know who has the parts in undamaged condition (no broken pieces or hairline cracks) and will ship these to Norway?

I think these are probably in rough shape for all dsm's at this point. Even if you find used they would probably crack as soon as you tried to remove them from the panel, even new old stock if available at this point would probably be a little brittle from age.
Mine are looking pretty rough as well. I'm thinking at some point I'm going to look into maybe getting them 3d printed and paint them.
If you know anybody in your area it might be worthwhile to check into 3d printing since this will be a tough to find part.

I think these are probably in rough shape for all dsm's at this point. Even if you find used they would probably crack as soon as you tried to remove them from the panel, even new old stock if available at this point would probably be a little brittle from age.
Mine are looking pretty rough as well. I'm thinking at some point I'm going to look into maybe getting them 3d printed and paint them.
If you know anybody in your area it might be worthwhile to check into 3d printing since this will be a tough to find part.

Surely, there must be quite a few of the Eclipse 2G at junkyards, especially in the USA.
The air inlet vents can most certainly not be cracked or have broken pieces on all of them.
That would mean someone tried to remove these vents incorrectly on all of the cars.
These parts might be brittle, but they will not crack if you remove them correctly.
The parts do not simply disintegrate unless you apply pressure on them.

I have two of the vents which I removed from a donor vehicle at a junkyard.
This is the only donor vehicle I have found during a decade of searching in my part of the country.
The RH air vent is pretty close to perfect.
The LH one is not much better than the one currently on my car.
The only exception is a small hairline crack even though the car had been in a collision resulting in both the front and the rear heavily smashed.

To have these parts 3D printed is a good idea.
Another idea would be to make a mold of these parts and cast them.
I must admit I do not know much about 3D printing.
I guess you need some kind of blueprint or the actual object you want to reproduce.
The problem is I do not have the parts in complete condition with the exception of the RH one I got from that donor vehicle.

If I find these in the junkyard, I will gladly buy them and ship them to you. Seems you've been looking for a few years.

Peace

-Brady

Thank you.
It has been a royal nightmare trying to find these parts.

Please PM me if you find the parts in undamaged condition.
I am interested in both black and grey color.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually have one from a junk yard car that’s near perfect. Just haven’t gotten around to 3D modeling it. 3D printing is the way to go though with the low demand these would have.

I actually have one from a junk yard car that’s near perfect. Just haven’t gotten around to 3D modeling it. 3D printing is the way to go though with the low demand these would have.

I assume you mean you have a set?
You would need both the LH and the RH part.

If these are so hard to find and in rough shape on most cars as I seem to hear from everyone, one should think there would be a greater demand.
I guess most people do not care if this part is cracked and broken, or they have customized their interior door panels with a new air inlet garnish.

If Miller doesn't have them, you can try Performance Partout. I was just there today since they just picked up a 2G GS-T that I was picking through (scored a wideband and cluster gauge pod.. but I digress...). Nate and John have been able to source all sorts of random parts for me over the last few months, definitely worth a look.

If Miller doesn't have them, you can try Performance Partout. I was just there today since they just picked up a 2G GS-T that I was picking through (scored a wideband and cluster gauge pod.. but I digress...). Nate and John have been able to source all sorts of random parts for me over the last few months, definitely worth a look.

Thank you for the suggestion!

I may have a couple of sets, since I dont use the inner panels.
I will know by Monday when I get back home, I will let you know then, if you need anything else for the doors let me know

I may have a couple of sets, since I dont use the inner panels.
I will know by Monday when I get back home, I will let you know then, if you need anything else for the doors let me know

Thank you!
There are a couple of other parts on the door panels I am considering to acquire and I am looking for some other parts as well.

These came out of a 95 GSX, let me know if you want them!

This is very interesting.
Are those studs on each side a part of the mold?

The damaged vents I pulled from a 1997 Spyder are designed differently.
There are screws on each side instead of those plastic studs.
I guess they made the change because those would easily break if one had to do some maintenance/repairs requiring removal of those parts.

These are the ones in the best condition I have been offered so far.
Can you see if there are any part numbers on them?

I found the set I told you about, these came out of a 97 Talon, but they are a little different, these have more vents than yours, and do not have the clips at the ends like the pictures above, they are just flat.
The parts no.MB899606 LH and MB899607 RH.
The ones by Jinscho look just like yours, let us know if we can be of further help.

I found the set I told you about, these came out of a 97 Talon, but they are a little different, these have more vents than yours, and do not have the clips at the ends like the pictures above, they are just flat.
The parts no.MB899606 LH and MB899607 RH.
The ones by Jinscho look just like yours, let us know if we can be of further help.

I am very curious now.
Would you be able to provide a photograph of these?

Maybe mine are the wrong ones, I will try to get some pictures later, I think mine may be for the dashboard, yours have 7 separations and mine looks smaller and have 18 separations.
I dont use dash either.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back