The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

blow through carb 4g63? possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr7426

Probationary Member
May 23, 2010
tucson, Arizona
I was wondering if its possible to do a blow through or draw through carb on a 4g63. has anyone ever made it happen? thank you.

Anything is possible with enough time and money. Make an intake manifold for it and I'm sure it could work. But what would the purpose of that be? These motors are pretty crappy in N/A form.

a blow thru carb is not for n/a setups
Anything is possible with enough time and money. Make an intake manifold for it and I'm sure it could work. But what would the purpose of that be? These motors are pretty crappy in N/A form.

yes it can be done, do people do it, i have yet to see it. i would assume the question was asked looking for a way around buying expensive injectors and tuning setup but that being said trying to tune your electronic ignition without distributor to the mechanical fuel setup is questionable if it is worth the time. fuel injection is much more efficient at the end of the day, to me it would be like comparing a n/t vs a turbo dsm and adding boost what would you choose?

It can be done in basically any engine, you just need the appropriate flange and an ignition system that work on vacuum with a trigger wheel system (or a distributor if you can adapt one).

Your turbo would need special mechanical seals in a draw through setup and there aren't many options out there. Blow through would be ok for a drag application but your driveability goes to hell. A good blow through carb from CSU or someone comparable will run you a grand. Just like everyone else says, it's not worth it. There's a reason the carb guys spend thousands to go FI.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back