1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

blow off valve.. recirc. or

Posted by yoscoobie, May 4, 2017

Please Support JNZ Tuning
  1. yoscoobie

yoscoobie Proven Member

Joined Jan 6, 2014
    weston, Wisconsin
    I have a 1990 gsx and i have a extrude honed intake mani, 2g ported ext mani, ported head, 3'' exhaust, external dump o2 housing, Evo injectors, evo m.a.f. ... Im just getting my front mount i.c setup on, im having a chip made for my ecu, so im wondering if i should go with a recirc or atmosphere dump B.O.V ... what brand is a good cost for quality?? thanks!!

My DSM:

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. tunedbysaturnsl

tunedbysaturnsl Proven Member

Joined Jan 27, 2010
    Newport News, Virginia
    Recirc unless you're running SD. A lot of people are running Tial and Greddy here as aftermarket. Otherwise an Evo or 1g are good "oem" suggestions. Me, personally, I'm running a Blitz unit that's recirc'd.

My DSM:
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

212.4 whp   212.4 lb/ft
    TSiAWD666 likes this.
  3. Jacolu3

Jacolu3 Proven Member

Joined Jan 31, 2015
    Lake Grove, New York
    If you are running a maf you need to recirculate or else your a/f will be off. The only time you can run an atmosphere bov is if you go speed density.

My DSM:
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Drag Race Build

11.7 @ 125 MPH
    TSiAWD666 likes this.
  4. bling5tatus

bling5tatus Proven Member

Joined Sep 23, 2005
    DFW/Austin, Texas
    Race cars recirculate. Ricers vent. This is regardless of what air metering system is on the car.

Also before people get all keyboard cowboy on me for saying that I'd like to mention that I'm venting to the atmosphere with a Tial but that's only because I haven't sold it to someone and bought the recirculated Tial yet. The previous owner had the Tial on a MAF car with no tuning provisions to compensate for the rich in-between shifting conditions it caused (and subsequently trashed fuel trims).

My DSM:

50trim   manual
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi

GT35   manual
  5. TuJay

TuJay Proven Member

Joined Aug 16, 2016
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    What is "SD" the car i just got has atmospheric and ive heard recirc. unless im running SD and I dont know what that is and I also really like the sounds LOL

My DSM:

Street Build

T25   manual
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T (sold)

Street Build

manual
  6. tunedbysaturnsl

tunedbysaturnsl Proven Member

Joined Jan 27, 2010
    Newport News, Virginia
    Speed Density

My DSM:

212.4 whp   212.4 lb/ft
  7. JusMX141

JusMX141 Moderator

Joined Dec 13, 2005
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Draw-thru MAS = must recirculate if you want your car to run right. This is covered on almost every FAQ related to DSM's and isn't up for discussion.