The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Blinker stay on even with the key off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djmidnite

Probationary Member
Oct 30, 2002
High Hill, Missouri
The car is a 96 spyder and I took the car in to get tuned and the left blinker stays lit continuously even with the key off. Did they short something out?

I had a similar issue last night, but mine was always flashing left when I had the key in the on position. Turns out the little nub inside the control stalk broke and stuck in the left position.

Try popping your stalk open and see if everything is together. It's a pretty simple part so you shouldn't have to worry about breaking anything.

Yes, the left blinker stays on even with the key off. It doesn't even blink just stay on. I had run across some posts in the past that mentioned something about a short causing a problem similar to this but I can't refind the posts. Where would I find the multi switch?

sounds to me like you have a stuck relay causing it to stay on. i would check that before ripping anything apart. if it's staying on with the key in the off position look into the flasher relay. the flashers obviously have power with out the ignition in the on position. so i would start there.

The Blinkers are on Ignition power supply so they should NOT stay on when the key is off. I bet it has something to do with the 4-way flashers which CAN operate with the key off. There is also a relay I believe behind the radio that controls the turn signals. I would be suspicious of these units.

When my turn signal stalk broke The flasher still went off with the key.

Oh by the way. To fix that turn signal stalk you take a small drill bit and make a tiny hole where the broke off piece was. Then cut a small bit of straight wire coat hanger. Now jam the little piece of coat hanger in the hole. BOOM, you have a new flicker titty for the switch!

Attachments

• 12-18-08_0142.jpg
    12-18-08_0142.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 12-18-08_0143.jpg
    12-18-08_0143.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 90
Jeff99GS, that's an awesome fix. That was the little nub I broke. I got lucky though and the piece was still in the assembly so I super glued it back in there.

Wouldn't both side blinker lights come on if it was the hazard flasher relay? I'm not going to rule it out though. May just try to swap a flasher relay out and see what happens.

Wouldn't both side blinker lights come on if it was the hazard flasher relay? I'm not going to rule it out though. May just try to swap a flasher relay out and see what happens.

Are you saying only one bulb is lit? if so i must have read it wrong i thought you were saying the left front and rear. if it is only one bulb i would check the wiring there has to be a short somewhere

No the left side - front, rear, and some add on lights in the side view mirror. They didn't mess up until it went in for a tune.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back