The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Billet 11-Blade 20g Compressor Wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jongraack

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2011
Saint Joseph, Michigan
I just thought I'd start a thread on the billet 11-blade 20g comp wheel. I just installed one today during a rebuild and upgrade. I don't see hardly anyone running anything different than the billet 6-blade so I thought I'd be different and go for the billet 11-blade. I'd like to hear from people on how this wheel has performed for them. I won't know for personal experience for a couple more months.

Here's a picture of mine:

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,746
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,974
I have one, looks just like yours but with an anti-surge compressor housing.

I don't have much to go on but seat of the pants and sound. It feels great and sounds awesome. I'm running it at 25 psi right now on 91 pump.

I've been meaning to get a 3rd gear pull log, but the snow keeps dumping down again whenever its about to clear up.

I will be getting it dyno tuned whenver I install my BC valve springs and FP2 cams.

I have one, looks just like yours but with an anti-surge compressor housing.

I don't have much to go on but seat of the pants and sound. It feels great and sounds awesome. I'm running it at 25 psi right now on 91 pump.

I've been meaning to get a 3rd gear pull log, but the snow keeps dumping down again whenever its about to clear up.

I will be getting it dyno tuned whenver I install my BC valve springs and FP2 cams.

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know it's holding up and doing good for you. I'd like to know what kind of power this thing can really put out.

Whats the pull like compared to a 16g or anything else that size and what rpm are you at when it hits full spool? Did you have any problems with surge or did you always have the anti-surge housing?

My turbo was an 18g before, so spool feels just a tad slower then that. I don't know the rpm it hits full boost at yet. I can probably get a log that will show you later in the week when the snowing is done.

It doesn't surge at all, I put the anti-surge housing on the same time as the wheel. So I have no experience in it without the anti-surge housing. Also, I am using a holset style housing. I've heard the ones with the cool looking slanted drilled holes don't work as well. I believe it was a post on here somewhere. But I figured the ones on the Holset's and Borg's work well, might as well get that one.

I believe there is a post in the billet wheels thread with an evo at just over 600whp with the 6 blade version of the wheel. Not with a TD05H turbine though, and with a much bigger turbine housing.

What kind of HP can these wheels support?

I wish I could tell you but I have not experienced this setup yet. I haven't even heard much about people using these wheels but fromwhat the manufaturer says, these wheels are bad ass and can really handle some power. I hope I'll get to find out befor I sell it LOL. I have my hx40 that I'm rebuilding with the billet 6-blade so I'm probably going to go that route but not positive yet.

My turbo was an 18g before, so spool feels just a tad slower then that. I don't know the rpm it hits full boost at yet. I can probably get a log that will show you later in the week when the snowing is done.

It doesn't surge at all, I put the anti-surge housing on the same time as the wheel. So I have no experience in it without the anti-surge housing. Also, I am using a holset style housing. I've heard the ones with the cool looking slanted drilled holes don't work as well. I believe it was a post on here somewhere. But I figured the ones on the Holset's and Borg's work well, might as well get that one.

I believe there is a post in the billet wheels thread with an evo at just over 600whp with the 6 blade version of the wheel. Not with a TD05H turbine though, and with a much bigger turbine housing.

What is a holset style housing? do you mean a T3 housing for a td05h wheel, like the MHI based td05h 20gs?

The Holset style housing I was talking about is the compressor housing. What I mean by Holset style, is that the anti-surge design is the same as Holsets.

It looks like a smaller Holset compressor cover.

TsiTurbo95 Dynod a little over 400 on a cast 20G wheel. Stock 7 bolt with only 7 degrees of timing. Im running a cast 20G with the holset style anti-surge. Still tunning it. Not sure what kind of power to expect. I may put a little money to the side to get dynoed when all is said and done.

Id like to see some dyno numbers of the 20g before an after the billet whell ive been contemplating upgrading to this as well. :D

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dyno-talk/421158-20g-td06-hp-record-3.html#post152956598

458/412 cast 20G compressor with a TD06 turbine.

I wouldn't use any sort of "upgraded" 20G compressor wheel with a standard unclipped TD05H turbine and 7cm housing if you're going for a horsepower or E.T. record. You still stand to gain efficiency across the board, but where the extended-tip wheels really shine is in high boost situations, and that's exactly where you'll run into a problem with an unclipped 05H turbine.

Back in the day guys were getting 48lb/min or so on a standard TD06H 20G when they were really pushing it. While the TD05H model is better for street thanks to it's 16G-like "punch" when the boost comes on, the TD06H will always net you lower EGT's, easier tuning, and more airflow.

Was out driving around today and decided to do a 3rd gear pull from low rpm to see where the spool is. 25psi around 4000 rpm. From what I've read its pretty normal for a 20g.

I was able to put down 349hp/337tq on my tdo5 bastard 20g last year at 20psi.At that time i had a uncrushed 1g bov that wouldnt hold over 20psi,boost leaks,a 2.5" exhaust with cat,etc etc... I had just bought the car 2days prior,so i was trying to get an idea of what i was working with. Now i have made some vast improvements,and it feels wayyyy faster,i hope 400whp currently. But i hit 25 psi by 3800 rpms. I ran an evo3 16g previous to the 20g,the td05 bastard 20g hits just as hard down low,but seems way more effective above 17psi. Just my opinion fwiw

Twin scroll FTW

??? ok :confused:

I just picked up a 06h 6 blade KTS billet 20g sleeper (stock compressor cover) in an FP 8cm housing and wow..... She is laggy laggy.

i hope im blowing open the wastegate early causing the slow spool but ill run some tests tonight to confirm...

Something must be off because i dont get 21 psi until after 4500 rpm in 3rd.

I had a 60-1 10 years ago that spooled quicker so we shall see...

25psi around 4000 rpm.... TD05H in a 7cm housing.

Wow, that seems laggy. I run the 7 blade with a TD05h in an 8cm² housing, and I can hit 30psi by ~3500rpm in 3rd gear, and I'm at higher elevation than you are.

It sounds normal for a 20g with a TD06 in an 8cm housing. I'd be willing to bet that antisurge housing is costing you some spool, though I did expect the 11 blade to spool a bit slower than the 7 blade, but not by that much. I expected the 11 blade to be the slowest spooling of the 3, despite what the manufacturer says..

??? ok :confused:

I just picked up a 06h 6 blade KTS billet 20g sleeper (stock compressor cover) in an FP 8cm housing and wow..... She is laggy laggy.

i hope im blowing open the wastegate early causing the slow spool but ill run some tests tonight to confirm...

Something must be off because i dont get 21 psi until after 4500 rpm in 3rd.

I had a 60-1 10 years ago that spooled quicker so we shall see...

I have stated a dozen times on this forum the 6h turbine wheel 20g works very well in a bored 6cm housing. I prefer it to 6h in 7cm, The 6h/6cm spools way faster with very little loss of hp up top. the 8cm/6h is for a 60-1 at 35+ psi.

Yeah thats wonderful but do you have any idea how small/light the billet 20g wheel is compared to a 60-1?

This should have resulted in quicker spool. And for whats its worth an 8cm housing is also smaller than a .63 t3.

I had a 60-1 stage 3 .63 that spooled quite a bit quicker.

It is what it is.

Yeah thats wonderful but do you have any idea how small/light the billet 20g wheel is compared to a 60-1?

Weight doesn't affect spool as much as you'd think it does. This is something that I've only realized lately. The amount of fluid work the compressor is trying to do has a larger effect. Wheels that move more air take longer to spin up through the turbine's low efficiency region. Slow moving turbines are not very efficient at extracting work to power the compressor.

And id agree with that... especially considering the billet wheel vs the standard 20g. But compared to the 60-1 the billet 20g still flows MUCH less air..... MUCH less.... which invalidates your argument to an extent.

Hell a good friend had a 06h-20g in a 7cm housing 12 years ago that didnt spool much slower than a 16g.... I drove that car and was amazed at its responsiveness.

Either way, I think ive tracked my issues down to a pretty large boost leak at the isc motor thats just been fixed and also a tired 176k 130 psi compression motor..... at least i hope.

In all fairness the 60-1 i had was on a fresh wiseco 9:1 motor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back