The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Best way to cover wing removal holes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegas Smith

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2002
Houston, Texas
Hello folks, I was thinking of using vinyl wrap to cover the holes leftover from my 1GB wing removal. I will eventually plasti-dip the car so the covering does not need to be perfect. Any better ideas? Thanks for any help.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That works bondo anything you want to use. Can't say a best way or fiberglass just find a way to plug the hole.

Bondo and sand since you will eventually plastic dip or wrap it it will cover the look of bondo.

Bondo is not going to hold up. You need to weld in metal for a permanent fix. You could use a vinyl decal to cover the holes.

Weld the holes for-sure just don't use to hot of heat or it causes it to warp. I've done bondo myself before and it popped after a year of use. It just can't hold up to the trunk getting slammed shut.

Welding is the right way to fix it.I purchased a honda that some one put little pieces if thin metal over the holes and bondo glassed over it..I was surprised but it held up the whole time I owned the vehicle.

Id definitely also say weld on patches....bondo will crack in a few years from shutting the hatch and if u dont take care of it again ur gonna have the issue of rust where water is getting behind the bondo......I learned this the hardway a couple years after a bodyshop used a crap ton of bondo on my bmw trunk instead of popping the dent out properly 1st.....

Weld the holes over with metal pieces or have a body shop brass brazen it. Then sand it with 180 or 320 grit and cover smoothly with body filler, a quality body filler not the cheap kind. If you use cheap filler buy some fiber glass resin and mix it with the filler. The block sand the body filler following the body lines to make it smooth, use 320 grit then paint with a primer filler. Sand primer with 320 or 500 grit. Then paint. Sand cured paint with 1000 then clear coat. Then sand with 3000 grit and buff.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back