The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Best BOV for 500+ using 1G flange

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTsi_PR

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 19, 2011
San Lorenzo, Puerto_Rico
Guys i need opinions on what blow off valve i should use that utilzes the 1G flange that supports 500+ whp.Any help would be appreciated.

The only valve that uses the 1g flange is a 1g bov. A properly modded 1g bov should meet your demands.

Yeah i know but i read that the greddy uses the same only the bolts are apart

Yeah i know but i read that the greddy uses the same only the bolts are apart

You can use a greddy on it, but you will have to drill new bolt holes. Also a greddy really isn't any better than a good modded 1g bov.

The stock R35 GTR bovs are mitsu bovs factory as well and metal. ;)

Its weird huh, when pulled mine of my r33 i was like hold on its a 1g flange style and its mitsubishi made LOL yet they messed up a 2g bov also goes to show nissan cant make bov's haha

The stock R35 GTR bovs are mitsu bovs factory as well and metal. ;)

Saw this and went off to ebay..

$150 for some nifty pipes and 2 bov's with only 20k isn't the end of the world but not exactly an investment. figures the Nissan guys would ask for gold.

But what's interesting is that since the r35 uses the same flange[same bov], there's now a growing number of options with the same flange. Very expensive options, but still.

I have the 1g and it leaks, my friend has the synapse 1g flange and it leaks. Now i bought the 1g forge and it works really good, alot of people talks without knowing.

Yes, it will fit nicely.

Attachments

• bov.jpg
    bov.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 280
Ugh; Forge. Grease, shims, AND springs that may or may not work in the designed "range"? Sign me up!!

(yes, I have run one; yes it was on a DSM; yes it was bad enough I suggest not using one to the cheap folks on my new platform)

I got a 1g forge from my buddy who works us operations to "test" out. I'm using the heaviest spring they make which honestly should even make a diff the way the bov operates. I have no issues though, very slight flutter at low boost but it holds 33psi. Make sure you get the new release cause the old ones have problems.

Tial,HKS, 1g valve... so redundant. I wouldn't run a Synapse if someone gave it to me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back