The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

BEP Holset Housing! Where to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sublime83

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 20, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba_Canada
Just wondering if anyone knows where to by the mitsu flanged BEP Holset housing? I see they got something on theturbotrader, but navigating that site doesn't seem to make me want to send them even $100.. I dunno maybe its just me..

Anyways I'm looking to find a reputible online vendor that sells the BEP turbine housing for Holsets.

Cheers,
Chris.

jengs80 is the ebay user selling them, anybody buy from him?
That's where my HX40 came from....it's the real deal.

Here it is after I installed the Bullseye DSM bolt-on turbine housing (that has now been sold in order to make room for a T3 setup):

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

jusmx question for ya, i measured my oil pressure at my housing and head today with the car fully up to temp. and got 25-28psi do you think i should run a restrictor, the car has no b-shafts in it neither. also i saw your 2g oil drain set up and was wodering if that would work on a holset

I'm confused....you got 25-28psi at the filter housing or the head? Are we talking about at idle? The problem isn't really whether or not to run a restrictor; you have to take your lowest possible pressure and compute it with the highest pressure you see, then compare those numbers to Holset's recommendations.

The general belief is that if you run a Holset turbo to the head with balance shafts in place, it won't get enough oil to keep the bearings floating during idle and under light loads; while if you run a Holset to the filter housing without balance shafts you'll over-oil it at wide open throttle. Both problems will cause severe damage- you need to find a happy medium.

Does any of the vendors actually have any hx35/40 bolt-on housings in stock currently? I was told by BEP they were going to be out early next month, months ago.WTF

that reading was at the housing at idle, i only have 6psi at the head at an idle. i have to buy a in car oil pressure gauge kit to see what it is at 7000rpm

Has anyone heard anything from the Nick over at the Turbo Trader, I’ve purchased lines and gaskets from him on may 1st and cannot get one single phone call back, I’ve sent e-mails, called daily with no success. I do not want to jeopardize this Vendors reputation at all but I really want from this guy are the parts that I paid almost a month ago. He sent out the HX-40 housing very quickly but I still have not heard anything from him on my lines/gaskets. :confused:

I guess I should be a little more patient, but I can only be patient for so long.

yes, already paid for in full, like I said he sent out the BEP housing and I have that already however he said he was sending the lines, (feed,return, and O2 housing gasket) I paid 379 total for everything which on his website is the DIY KIT, which includes all of that. Still no word on anything, is he still in business? or should I try to get my money back from Paypal? This isn't right, Ive given Nick many days (22) to respond, e-mail, call me something but still nothing. I wish I lived closer I would march in his door. where else are you all getting your lines from? I need something here pretty soon.

Neither turbo trader nor tims turbos answers nor returns my calls.

Lol I left both of them messages over a month ago to no success. Great customer service and business skills if you ask me. :thumb:

P.S. I could probably bash them even worse but they probably don't have the time to look at this anyways. :notgood:

-Danny

I'll just keep calling I guess.. LOL

I have faith Tim will call me back, he always has.

Maybe its the Holiday screwing him up

I'll just keep calling I guess.. LOL

I have faith Tim will call me back, he always has.

Maybe its the Holiday screwing him up

I agree I will keep trying as well. how long should I wait before I file a paypal dispute? I'm going to try to be as patient as possible but I do need to start assembling my build within 3 weeks and if I don't have all the stuff I need that means just more down time.. :hmm:

I just filed a dispute first maybe he will get the point, I will give him till the end of the week before I actually turn it over to a claim. I didn't want to do this but I want my money/or items.

If I don't get my items, other than Extreme PSI where are you guys getting your feed lines and drain lines from for the Holset turbo? I plan on feeding from the head with no restricter.

Also you should try goldfarb and associates and ask for Brant. I just bought my Bep Hx-35 housing from him maybe two weeks ago. I think i might have bought the last Hx-35 one but i know he had a few hx-40 BEP housings in stock. great customer service also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back