The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Bearing Shim Source

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mokkan

Proven Member
May 10, 2013
Hampton, Georgia
I'm trying to find a source to purchase bearing shims for a W5M33 rebuild. I keep seeing 'discontinued', 'sold out' or otherwise unavailable listings. Is there anywhere still selling these?

PM if posting would violate the forum sponsor rules.

@twicks69 should be able to help or point you in the right direction. @bastarddsm has been doing some freelancer things also. Might PM them or wait for them to chime in.

have you checked with the dealer? I've taken apart so many transmissions that I have a pretty good selection of them so I've not had to buy any recently. I think @twicks69 was cutting them out of shim stock, or getting them made. What do you need? Thicker or thinner? How far are you out? You could probably have thicker ones ground down by a machine shop on on a surface grinder with a magnetic chuck.

All the W5M33 transmission and transfer case shims I have are OEM Mitsubishi. I had to water-jet out stuff for the 3000GT VR4 Getrag transmissions and the Evo 4-9 transfer cases.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back