The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Battery relocation kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PearlSweatshirt

Proven Member
Dec 10, 2013
Georgetown, Kentucky
I was gonna get the summit kit to put in my 98 gst. My question is would I be able to wire it to the existing positive cable in the engine bay? Or would I need a distribution block?

It will be hard to wire it to the existing positive cable because If I remember correctly when I did mine the fuse box has 4 smaller power wires going to it.
I used a distribution block with 4 smaller ports on 1 side and 2 larger ports on the other side. The power cable from the battery went into 1 of the larger ports and out of the other larger port was the power cable that ran to the starter. Then I ran the 4 smaller lines from the fuse box to the 4 inlets on the block. I'm pretty sure I had to extend the 4 wires to reach the block. The only down side to my installation was the starter wasn't fused because it was on the same side as the battery on the block. I never had any issues with it and I ran it that way for years. If you wanted to you could run an inline fuse on that line.

Don't buy that kit it's a waste of money and the cable is stiff as hell. Go to this site knukonceptz.com for your cable and sonicelectronix.com for fuse, breakers and distribution blocks. I replaced the wires off the fuse box with new longer ones and ran them to a distribution block also.

So the existing wires running to the fuse box are 4 small wires and one power cable correct? Mine are wrapped up so I can't exactly tell.

Pretty sure the 4 small wires go from your fuse box to your battery, the large one goes from your battery to your starter. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, its been years since I did this.

Fastfred is correct, the wire is REALLY stiff and a pain in the butt to run. I don't have experience with the wire he is telling you to buy but I can tell you the power wire they give you has little to no flexibility.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back