The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G battery relocation / alternator and starter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have done both and haven't had a problem with either. When I was dealing with the 1/0 wire I posted earlier, I went with the battery solder slugs and I can say I don't have any worries about the connection coming loose. With the correct slug and the triple wall heat shrink, it is as solid as it gets!

I bought the 50 ft roll in the link and used just about all of it. Then again I ran the alternator charging wire back to the kill switch in the rear so that added a lot to my wire total.

I found this and i think im going to try it. Will crimps be better then solder i found battery terminals that are solder in and its says its stronger then crimps.

If you'e never had to solder I use a mix of the two when I do electrical if it was me I would do both on a thick gauge wire but on the thin stuff I like to use crimps. If you don' have a soldering iron and what not you should be fine to crimp.

I have a soldered iron its just one of my lugs i have to crimp it. So with that said i can just crimp all my lugs on and battery terminals i found in post 29 i can get or i can get or i could also do crimp. Need input. I was told crimps are stronger then solder.

We are still on the crimp vs solder discussion? It has been mentioned several times in this thread that either one will work and almost comes down to personal preference. Crimping takes a little less time and effort but will still get the job done. When you choose which terminal you would like to use, that will determine whether or not you are going to solder or crimp. If you want to get solder terminals, buy the battery terminal solder slugs and only requires a torch to get the job done.

I know that it will get job done. I want to know witch one is better sense im crimping a couple lugs should i do everything crimped

There isn't a "better" IMO. It's personal preference. Some say don't solder and others swear by it. For simplicity, keep them all the same so you don't have to order two slugs for just the terminals. Personally, I like soldering the terminals and haven never had an issue with doing so. Car has poly mounts with the BS deleted and have not had a problem with any solder coming apart. I used crimps in places it is hard to reach/solder but prefer solder when it's available. If you don't mind using a torch, use some solder on the terminal slugs (IMO- I found the solder terminals to be overall better constructed when I compared two side by side but that is an opinion). If you want to keep them all the same, buy some crimping terminals and you are set. Buy some good shrink tubing(I like the triple wall for battery connections) and I doubt you will have a problem with either one.

Last edited:
Thanks that helped i just have 4 connectors i have to crimp so i will crimp those then solder rest. Seems the easy way at this point.

Ok so got my hydraulic crimper in yesterday. And ordered more parts that i was missing today. So now back on track.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back