The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Basic remote starts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rambow70

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 26, 2012
Fishers, Indiana
So I don't have a key fab nor am I interested in one. My 99 gst has a security system, the oem one, and all i want is a basic remote start for winter. I was looking at the viper 1 way basic which only deals with starting the car, not locking or anything like that. What works and how is the install for these things? Are our cars wiring pretty basic as far as these go? I have heard reviews that cars die or won't lock or unlock or alarm goes off and what not but those are newer cars. Input would be awesome!

I have the basic viper remote start is was like $100 installed in 2013. I haven't had any problems with it, I just wish I spent the extra $50 at the time and got the system with the keyless entry because if I start the car before I unlock the doors I have to use the keys, but soon I will be getting the top of the line viper alarm, remote start and GPS tracking of the car, hopefully everything goes good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back