The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Ball Joint Kit ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlmightySo

Proven Member
May 1, 2014
New Castle, Delaware
Any good balljoint kits for my 96 gsx ? I need upper, lower and all of that on driver side and passenger side. Po sold me a death trap and didnt give me not one clue...

unfortunately you cannot just replace the lower ball joints on a 2g. Instead the lower control arms need replaced. I would highly recommend going to OE parts. Here is a reasonably cost-effective kit that includes the knuckles and lower control arms:

Drive side
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=22827&cat=1865&page=1

Pass. side

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=22826&cat=1865&page=1

The upper is available separately. I would check rockauto. Moog is a good choice.

Last edited:
×2 on rock auto and moog is at least 2 the price of generic but it is a part you won't have to replace in a years time well worth the money!! have them on my lifted off road f250PSD

You can just order new ball joints from rock auto. That's what I do.

You cannot replace the lower ball joints on a 2g. The control arms need replaced.

Don't know much about the 2G's, but is this model year on of those on the recall list? Might check and see if it's covered or if the recall had ever been performed.

Don't know much about the 2G's, but is this model year on of those on the recall list? Might check and see if it's covered or if the recall had ever been performed.
Im about 8 years late to the party, but I had my lower ball joint separate the other day. Its interesting to see that there was a recall for that part

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back