The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Balance shaft turning problem. 97 eclipse gst

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiniacosMotorsports

Proven Member
Nov 25, 2014
pensacola, Florida
My 97 gst balance shaft sprocket is not turning when tight. any ideas? new oil pump everything is going on right except it wont turn when tight.

I but a oil pump from eBay and it was not machined correctly it was to thick. Not letting the balance shafts sit in it correcrly.

I but a oil pump from eBay and it was not machined correctly it was to thick. Not letting the balance shafts sit in it correcrly.
so what did you do to fix it? If they didn't machine that part right I wouldn't trust that any of the critical clearances are machined right!

Got another fuel pump from a dsm guy in my town. Fit perfect no problems. And got my money back on the other. It was the pump causin the problem

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back