The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Balance job advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbgriffin

Proven Member
Jun 14, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Where's a good place I can send my 14b into for a balance job? I rebuilt it about 6 months ago, and unfortunately it was howling a little bit afterwards. So obviously I didn't line everything back up perfectly when I assembled it. I've been using a 16g China charger since, and would really like to 86 that garbage. Anybody know of a descent option, that's a fair price?

Indeed. Although if it's howling and not reaching peak boost the damage may already be done...in the form of a bent shaft. Still worth looking at, and if worst comes to worst I have piles of 14B parts here as well.

For future reference are we talking about $80 to remove balance and inspect the turbine shaft, or like $120?

Yeah I hope I didn't do any major damage, I didn't run it long. Probably less than 10 miles, as I didn't want to be a statistic. I've heard some horror stories. It didn't have any issues with hitting 15psi, just was making some undesirable noise. But really I'm on a fairly tight budget, would like to keep it closer to $80-100. But really if someone has a descent 14b they'd part with, I'd go that route? I'd really like to go back to the 14b from the evo3 16g. Especially because I'm staying at around 275-300whp, and I'm all about that instant spool. But just for my reference, how would I get ahold of Justin W?

Yeah I hope I didn't do any major damage, I didn't run it long. Probably less than 10 miles, as I didn't want to be a statistic. I've heard some horror stories. It didn't have any issues with hitting 15psi, just was making some undesirable noise. But really I'm on a fairly tight budget, would like to keep it closer to $80-100. But really if someone has a descent 14b they'd part with, I'd go that route? I'd really like to go back to the 14b from the evo3 16g. Especially because I'm staying at around 275-300whp, and I'm all about that instant spool. But just for my reference, how would I get ahold of Justin W?
He posted above me. JusMx141. Send him a message. He's a dsm nut like the rest of us who troll around here all day

Yeah I seen that after asked, I'll be hitting him up tomorrow. I'm guessing this is the Justin that owns detective coating that everyone raves about? Thanks for the help guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back