The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

bad head gasket help me please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murph22287

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 22, 2004
farmingdale, New_Jersey
i have just recently noticed that my coolant resivoir has been filling up with oil. :thumbdown so i brought it to a shop and they told me that i might either have a cracked head gasket or cracked head. :thumbdown so he began throwing prices at me which all seemed too high for me. so i need your guys help and wanted to know if anyone knows how to take apart my 2g nt engine.(at the current moment i forget my engine code)
so any information would help.

you need to go to the store and buy either a haynes or a chiltons manual, and proceed to your garage and then go to town.

It's real easy to take your head off man, just follow the book direction's and take your time and do it right.

swing lo said:
It's real easy to take your head off.

Ya with a loaded gun,

Hell I have a chiltons and a factory service manual and I still wouldn't pull my head w/o someone who's done it before being there.

Maybe for you it's like that, but for me it's pretty simple to follow directions, and then go from there.

No disrespect intended, but i find that those manual's are all you need.

i did my timing belt and water pump with a Haynes Manual from a 1st gen, and i have a 2nd. it wasn't to bad. It can't be to much more to go ahead and pull the head. The first time u do anything it will be hard. It was my first time and it took me about 8 hours. Just work slow, read the directions, and take ur time. You can do it with the right tools.

Good Luck! :thumb:

hey thx i ordered the manaul it should be coming in one day this week. but my friend just totaled his eclipse :cry: . so im gonna buy that and steal his engine, and newer rims. and since it is the same year no mods needed. also it has lower miles so yeah.

SHUCKS, just when I tought I was on the right track you decide to buy another engine LOL ;) hey do that bro... I only said that because I need to pull my head and do the same here with my head gasket and as I was reading I said Oh Yeah show me the answer!!! LOL and then BAM!!! Am buying my freinds engine sentence shows up WAM! :cry: (why wont my freind crash his) :rolleyes: Oh Yeah! I dont have a freind that has an N/T!? LOL Take Care Guys wish me luck though I may need references from you guys maybe, I'll let all know about it all... Happy Motoring!!!! :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back