The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Axles and L.S.D. >= 600hp FWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vin

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2016
New Smyrna beach, Florida
Best lsd and FWD axles for 1st gen DSM..
List from most expensive to most cost effective

I will

Attachments

• 20170814_213353.jpg
    20170814_213353.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 75
For under 600whp, (FWD) I'd look at Drive Shaft Shop's stage 2 axles and a Quaife LSD (along with evo III 3rd/4th gears and a new intermediate shaft). Obviously rebuild the trans. (also consider a twin disc clutch at this point)

Over 600whp (strongly consider using an AWD trans setup for FWD use). Definitely a twin disc clutch, and some REAL axles (DSS 1000hp AWD front axles with there billet outer hubs)

If you are running a 90-early 92 trans, you can take advantage of having the option of converting to the equal-length AWD front half-shafts. When going this route, you can use any DSM aftermarket half-shafts you want (DSS etc.). As far as a front diff., it really depends on what you plan to do with the car. Based on this thread, I assume you are looking to go fast in a straight line. If so, you would be best served going with the Kaaz unit as it locks up when power is applied.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back