The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

AWD Spyder build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After the crazy wire tuck I decited to take on some thing a little less challenging. So I put this hard wood floor in my trunk let me know what you think I still have to paint the plastics black to match the rest.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As you all know I'm 6 Bolt swapping g and was going to build my block from scratch but an opportunity came upon me that I couldent pass up. My buddy has a stupid 2g talon that is 6 bolt swapped awd and I pulls wicked hard he bought the car for 400 bucks it had something really dumb wrong with it. Any way it had some wiring issues and he decided to part it out I yanked the motor and still it for 500 bucks no one knows what this motors got in it it's a mystery motor.:pray: so it could be all stock or full of wicked cool parts. We will have to wait and find out

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well the bottom end of my 6 bolt is stock :cry: but it possibly might be caned I haven't looked that far yet. We got the engine and alog of other stuff cleaned and painted with por15 black paint it's all glossy now and I hate it bug the paint has no uv protectant so it will turn flat in the sun.:D

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also picked up a few extra goodies today. :rocks:

image.jpg

image.jpg

True 3.5 inch magnaflow got it for a steel! Here's a pic of about 3 hours of polishing.

image.jpg

I worked out in the gerage today just kinda dinken around with the spyder and got the engine all put together and in the car the only thing I need are hoses for my power steering tuck and to pick up my turbine housing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking great so far, hopefully that motor holds up for you. Can you do us all a favor and turn the pics right one click before you upload them. My neck hurts LOL.

You should rethink that crank pulley.

You should rethink that crank pulley.

This is exactly what I was thinking as soon as I saw that. I'd definitely recommend going with an OEM. That OBX may make a nice frisbee though.

X3 on the crank pulley, it's almost an amazing thing to see them still produced with the track record of the aluminum and other "lightweight" non-harmonic dampening front pulley setups for the 4g63

And +1 on the pics, thankfully i can rotate my desktop, but in the normal view they get hard to look at. You can open them in windows basic picture viewer (or whatever it's called) and use it to rotate ad resave them

Hmm you don't think that pully will hold up? It was on the motor when I bought it. And sorry about the pics I upload all my pics to tuners with my iPod and I'm not able to controll the pic rotation :/ it never used to do that to me.:aha:

Only stock or that fluidampr(sp?) crank pulley is the only ones i would trust. You DO NOT want a pulley that has no damping ability. It defeats the point and believe me, harmonics can trash a crank very quickly. Just grab an oem with good rubber and i think youll be ok.

Hey, nice build though. Really doing the work the right way. Good job

Well thanks guyes for the replies. Iv got some thing new for you. Last night we did a rower stealing tuck. We're not totally sure if ow will work but I don't see why not check it out let me know what you think.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

We ran all the soft lines in the wheel well and gig rid of that dumb power steering cooler.

Just as things are starting to smoothly we run into a supper stubborn bolt in the o2 housing so we had to burn it out but we had no torch or any thing so we used a little gas to get it heated up enough to tap some new threads into the stud.

image.jpg

Got the turbo and the fnders put on. I also did a little modification o my inter cooler. :D introducing Sir. Luke Crankwalker

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok it's all together and I jump in to start it and guess what?? No start :hmm: so I have up I'd been at it all day and dident have the mind set to troubleshoot. So the next day I took a little road trip to Nashville. :cool:

image.jpg

I HAD A BREAK THROUGH! :rocks: I know exactly why the car wouldent start it spat and sputtered like it wanted to we had spark and fuel. Than I remembered the plug order change. I switched it but I switched it wrong :ohdamn: ok so here's your coils 4123 I switched my wires so it was 1432 and It needs to be 2341 duh. Guess ill try it out Friday when I get back.

Well I swapped my plug wires to the right order jumped in expecting to celebrate but still nothing. I pulled the plugs and found water in every single cylinder must of been from when I washed it so I had noidea what to do I figured I'd run and get some starting fluid and force it to run until the water was gone Adam suggested that we dump Heet in to the cylinders and let it evaporate the water out. We went to the store bought what we needed and by the time we got home the water was gone and it fired right up. It runs like shit and won't build any boost but hay it idols good I guess. When I put the petal to the floor it's like hitting fuel cuts. It needs to be tinkered with.

image.jpg

Oh yea this ones just for you guyes haha

image.jpg

And we got my new exhaust put on.

image.jpg

That's the old hacked up one coming off Adams a little stumped he's got one end stuck on the drill press and the other under the car.

image.jpg

image.jpg

We worked on getting that pesky exhaust out in turns out we were missing the cat and luckily the auto parts store stocked a piece of pipe that was the right diameter and length :thumb:

image.jpg

image.jpg

My buddy Adam did all the welding the pipe on the right came off my car gas was not used on those welds. The left is what went on we used gas this time.

I could really use some input right about now. I'm having alot of problems and maby I'm over thinking it here's my list of problems.
1. Not building boost the gauge shows I don't even make it ou of vacuume.
2. When the car revs high it sits of stutters almost like I have a 2 step but I don't. Fuel cuts?
3. My boost controller I have an obx boost controller it had 4 threaded holes 2 are one size and 2 are a few sizes bigger. Why so many threaded holes?? 1 set if for the boost theirs an arrow that's how I know the controller came with a bag of fittings that only fit the small sized holes the arrows for the boost are for the big threaded holes which it came with no fittings.... Stumped
4. I have a knock of gready bov the bov has 2 fittings for vacuum lines one obviously goes to the intake got hat one no problem. The other is alot smaller and beds to see posetive pressure I taped it in before my mbc that's what a diagram old me to do could his be why I'm no building boost? I ran it like this with the 7 bolt and it worked fine.....

Ok I got all my problems worked out and I'm on the hunt for a safc and wide band. In the mean time iv done some polishing buffing waxing and added a gsx wing that still needs paint and the body needs patched and painted.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Found out I had tranny fluid pouring out if my axle seal:notgood: so after having the auto parts store order the wrong part twice I got it replaced only to find out it was my output shaft seal leaking so I took out the transfer case took out the input shaft and got the seal in I just need to put it back together.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have a spyder like you do and was wondering how you converted a gsx wing on to your spyder??

I know that the tall wing (or at least the ones I've seen) all are meant to fit a hatch which is several inches wider on both sides compared to our spyder hatch's.

I love the look of the gsx wing on your spyder :thumb: and would really like to do the same thing!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back