The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

420A Auto Trans Failed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado
So I recently replaced my torque since all syptoms indicated it was starting to fail. So I replaced it, and everything was fine. Then the next day I was driving and out of nowhere, it came out of gear. Acted like it was in nuetral and I costed into a parking lot. I did get it back in gear, but it kept doing the same thing. So I got it towed to a friend's shop. The techs looked at it today and since they could scsn the TCU, unlike me, they found 4 codes. Code P1787: 3rd/4th gear mechanical failure. Code P0732: Incorrect 2nd gear ratio. Code P0700: Open circuit TCU. Code P1775: Trans system fault, Mitsu-specific code.

So would it be best to rebuild the transmission or find a remanufactured one?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back